Hacking [Guide] Everything under the Sky3DS

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes that's the point of a private header since only one of it can be used at a time when online. So to be safe don't use the original and your sky copy online at the same time. Local area should be fine.

Yea just like i thought! Awesome ^^

Thank you =)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes that's the point of a private header since only one of it can be used at a time when online. So to be safe don't use the original and your sky copy online at the same time. Local area should be fine.

Well rip, i just tried to get online on X and it doesnt work there Q_Q

Testing the rest now

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Have anyone had problem when you close the "lid" and the 3ds are in sleepmode with Sky3ds (blue)?

I started to play Luigis Mansion 2 and was on my way to the office the train arrives i put the lid down. When i turn it up again the screen is black...

I powerd off the 3ds then back on. Started the game but it frooze at start screen of game. Powerd of again same result. I then pressed the blue botton to skip to next game started that worked fine no problems. But when i started Luigi 2 again my saves was gone...Is this a common error that happens with sky3ds when in sleepmode?

Edit* Only safefiles for Luigi gone rest are intact

Last edited by sirphayze,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,

Have anyone had problem when you close the "lid" and the 3ds are in sleepmode with Sky3ds (blue)?

I started to play Luigis Mansion 2 and was on my way to the office the train arrives i put the lid down. When i turn it up again the screen is black...

I powerd off the 3ds then back on. Started the game but it frooze at start screen of game. Powerd of again same result. I then pressed the blue botton to skip to next game started that worked fine no problems. But when i started Luigi 2 again my saves was gone...Is this a common error that happens with sky3ds when in sleepmode?

No idea about that but it works fine for me, must be your SD card

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,

Edit: Gawd, something is wrong with GBAtemp

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: sirphayze

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You don't need the latest firmware to be using an R4. The reason he's probably selling it is because he updated it accidentally to the latest firmware. There's nothing with the r4 that forces you to use a specific firmware

Oh, I know you don't need the latest firmware. I was asking because I've seen some comparisons between 3DS flashcarts, and on a R4i you have to have at most the 4.5 firmware, otherwise you can't use the exploits to play 3DS games, but it doesn't say anything about DS games, hence my confusion. I was wondering if for DS games you had to have some certain firmware installed for it to work, or if you just could update at your leisure and still be able to play DS games.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh, I know you don't need the latest firmware. I was asking because I've seen some comparisons between 3DS flashcarts, and on a R4i you have to have at most the 4.5 firmware, otherwise you can't use the exploits to play 3DS games, but it doesn't say anything about DS games, hence my confusion. I was wondering if for DS games you had to have some certain firmware installed for it to work, or if you just could update at your leisure and still be able to play DS games.

DS roms work regardless of your firmware ;) it's just the 3DS ones that have an issue, What you should be upgrading is the carts firmware for the DS since some of the ROM's back then had their own version of an AP check, like HG and SS Pokemon

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DS roms work regardless of your firmware ;) it's just the 3DS ones that have an issue, What you should be upgrading is the carts firmware for the DS since some of the ROM's back then had their own version of an AP check, like HG and SS Pokemon

Well, I ordered the 3DS XL, hopefully it'll be here by next Wednesday or something. :P Do you know of a good trusted place to order the cards inside the EU? I want to avoid customs as much as I can. I know of a few shops here in Portugal, but they charge an arm and a leg for the cards, so I want to avoid them if I can too.

Last edited by Zalexard,

SWS90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got some questions about the OP.

"Using public headers ONLINE will result to a ban, but using them without ever going online is fine."
How long would the ban last, or is it permanent? Also what type of ban is it?

"Save files (".sav" files) share headers with their respective games. A game cannot recognize a save file with a different header."
I assume if I use a downloaded save, and hex edit the header, then it would work, but at what offsets are the headers for the rom file and save?

"Extracting/Injecting a Private Header"
If I were to extract a private header, then sell the game or whatever. What would be the chances of both being online at the same time?

Last edited by SWS90,

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've got some questions about the OP.

"Using public headers ONLINE will result to a ban, but using them without ever going online is fine."
How long would the ban last, or is it permanent? Also what type of ban is it?

"Save files (".sav" files) share headers with their respective games. A game cannot recognize a save file with a different header."
I assume if I use a downloaded save, and hex edit the header, then it would work, but at what offsets are the headers for the rom file and save?

"Extracting/Injecting a Private Header"
If I were to extract a private header, then sell the game or whatever. What would be the chances of both being online at the same time?
Well if you got a ban it will last for 2 weeks.

You cant hex edit a sky3ds save file. You will get a corrupted save. (The only way to change its header is using a save data tool in homebrew)

If you extract a header from a game, dont sell it because if you and the other person go online, both could be banned

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea about that but it works fine for me, must be your SD card

Yo, it happened again. My sd-card might be fubar. Since SanDisk have lifetime warranty ill try to get it exchanged.

What is the best way to backup my card so i can save all roms including the progress (save files)?

I have another sdcard here also..could i put the "backup" on that sdcard or does it need to be the same card?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yo, it happened again. My sd-card might be fubar. Since SanDisk have lifetime warranty ill try to get it exchanged.

What is the best way to backup my card so i can save all roms including the progress (save files)?

I have another sdcard here also..could i put the "backup" on that sdcard or does it need to be the same card?
DiskWriter has an option to back up all games on the SD along with the save file into one giant big file. I don't know how reliable is that, but I always prefer my saves backed up via SDM or SVDT

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
DiskWriter has an option to back up all games on the SD along with the save file into one giant big file. I don't know how reliable is that, but I always prefer my saves backed up via SDM or SVDT

What is SDM / SVDT?

Im doing the backup atm with the diskwriter..

And try restoring that to another card and see..

s-a-m

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I need some help with my sky3ds not showing games on my new 3ds xl, I've searched online and I think I might have a dodge cart but I wanted to make sure and ask here.

I got a new sky3ds and I have followed all the steps at the beginning of this thread;

1. Downloaded and extracted the latest diskwriter and template file
2. Extracted the files and then opened diskwriter as admin and formatted my new class 10 8gb sandisk micro sd card
3. Added the latest template file via diskwriter
4. Wrote 1 3ds game (file extension .3ds) onto the card.
5. Switched the 3ds on, inserted sky3ds with the msd card
6. sky3ds blue light flashes 3 times and an empty cart symbol shows on 3ds but no game
7. Hold blue button for a few seconds, and reboot 3ds.
8. sky3ds flashes 3 times during reboot, the empty cart symbol is on screen but no game.

I understand the common issues can be dodge game rips, trying to play out of region games and dodgy msd cards.
I have tried a number of different EU romps from different sources, and my msd card seems to ok when I moved some films onto it to watch.
A few people have said to use some paper to wedge the sky3ds in case the contacts are not touching but that hasn't worked either.

Is there anything I am missing? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi I need some help with my sky3ds not showing games on my new 3ds xl, I've searched online and I think I might have a dodge cart but I wanted to make sure and ask here.

I got a new sky3ds and I have followed all the steps at the beginning of this thread;

1. Downloaded and extracted the latest diskwriter and template file
2. Extracted the files and then opened diskwriter as admin and formatted my new class 10 8gb sandisk micro sd card
3. Added the latest template file via diskwriter
4. Wrote 1 3ds game (file extension .3ds) onto the card.
5. Switched the 3ds on, inserted sky3ds with the msd card
6. sky3ds blue light flashes 3 times and an empty cart symbol shows on 3ds but no game
7. Hold blue button for a few seconds, and reboot 3ds.
8. sky3ds flashes 3 times during reboot, the empty cart symbol is on screen but no game.

I understand the common issues can be dodge game rips, trying to play out of region games and dodgy msd cards.
I have tried a number of different EU romps from different sources, and my msd card seems to ok when I moved some films onto it to watch.
A few people have said to use some paper to wedge the sky3ds in case the contacts are not touching but that hasn't worked either.

Is there anything I am missing? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
If it blinks but nothing shows up, means your ROM is not for your region. You have to double check if the roms are part of your region. Especially if you just search by name. People take down broken roms so I don't know where you're getting it from but for obvious reasons that can't be mentioned here. Also when you newly burn a game, when you place it in, it will blink quickly a few times, eject then put it back in and then it will load the queue. Also make sure you're using the latest DW which is v2.xx, the one that comes with it by default is the crappy 1.6/1.8

s-a-m

Trophies
XP
Country
If it blinks but nothing shows up, means your ROM is not for your region. You have to double check if the roms are part of your region. Especially if you just search by name. People take down broken roms so I don't know where you're getting it from but for obvious reasons that can't be mentioned here. Also when you newly burn a game, when you place it in, it will blink quickly a few times, eject then put it back in and then it will load the queue. Also make sure you're using the latest DW which is v2.xx, the one that comes with it by default is the crappy 1.6/1.8

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been using the latest diskwriter v202b1 and template 1117. The roms I have tried have been labelled as EU when they show up in diskwriter, and I definitely have a EU new 3ds xl as the firmware on there is 10.3.28E. I have tried to get cubic ninja so I can use the region 4 exploit and not have to worry about out of region roms. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo