Hacking [Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0

makarcr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not able to find the PDF guide that you mention is downloadable. Please email it to me OR post a link again Please. I have a Wii running System update 4.2

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to "remove ios249 stub with wad manager and cboot2"

and the directions were to put your sd card back into wii

open up HBC and then click home button on your remote

click load bootmii.

------------------\

Ok so i did all of that except that when i clicked the home button on my remote it went to an option screen that only had four options:

Back

About

Exit to system menu

Shutdown

-------------------/

I didn't see anything that said load bootmii
frown.gif

Ideas?

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete last post...

I realized by reading zero's wii modification guide that i could easily get the ios249 uninstaller wad manager up by restarting my wii...

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i was installing IOS38rev14 it did not prompt me or let me choose the option "Do not reload IOS"

I continued on and kept with the network install (as that was the only thing i was prompted for).

It worked but with an error or two but it said it was complete. (i trudged forward)

I went to running the DOP-IOS.

Each IOS (53,55 and 70) Had encountered one error apiece. But, it had told me that it was complete and installed. (again, not sure if this is normal but i continued on)

I chose not to install the Hermes cIOS.

Then i went onto the final step: Install backuploaders.

When i started Wad manager it did not prompt me to choose IOS249. It went straight to the selection screen:

--------
IOS249
NeogammaR7.wad
USBloaderGX.wad
-------------

So i just skipped the step on the guide that told me to choose IOS249 and instead, went straight to NeogammaR7.wad.

It came up with an error and wouldn't install.

Then i chose USBloaderGX.wad and it came up with an error and wouldn't install.

So then i decided maybe the guide meant the IOS249 above the neogamma option. (Step 3: Select IOS249)

So i select IOS249, hit install, it installed whatever that was.

Then i went back to neogamma and usbloader and i still had the same error message.

Any ideas?

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**went back to supply you guys with the error code and before i did i decided to pull up the wad manager from the boot rather than homebrew. (renamed boot_wadmanager.dol to boot.dol and then i renamed the other boot.dol back to cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol.)

Second time around i got the USB loader to work but not the NeogammaR7.

The error message i received from the neogamma R7.wad when i tried to install it was:

>>Installing content #00.... ERROR1 (ret= -1022)

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I went to the USB loader and went to start. Everything looked great until the screen went black and then filled up with white words and numbers in 3 paragraphs on my t.v.

I guess it either doesn't work, or i have to have loaded games onto the usb in order for it to load to another screen. Not really sure how the app works so it might be a user malfunction.

GwiLo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi forum goers!

I have been having the same problem as squallz3r0 when installing the USBloader and Neogamma. Everything is fine until then. I am running 4.2U and have tried many other softmoding tutorials with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I have tried this method twice with no luck!)

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GwiLo said:
Hi forum goers!

I have been having the same problem as squallz3r0 when installing the USBloader and Neogamma. Everything is fine until then. I am running 4.2U and have tried many other softmoding tutorials with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I have tried this method twice with no luck!)

You missed the step where you needed to select DO NOT RELOAD IOS. I thought it wasn't an option but apparently, when prompted in the guide, go all of the way to the left and you will find that it says DO NOT RELOAD IOS. Then continue with the guide and you will lose a lot of those errors.

Also You should replace your Wad manager 1.4 with Wad manager 1.5 and then restart back to where you need to change wad_whatever.dol to boot.dol. and then work your way down the list.

OR.... Go to this link if that doesn't work.

http://tehparadox.com/forum/f41/wii-soft-m...irmware-558017/

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i never got neogamma r7 working. I just keep getting the error -1022. I got everything else softmodded and got the usb loader up and working.

What i ended up doing instead of neogamma r7 i just downloaded neogamma r6. Which is a .dol file so it seems to me it should go under the apps folder in your SD card instead of the Wad folder(where i put neogamma r7).

After i extracted it to the apps folder on my SD card, i was able to view neogamma as one of my apps on the home brew channel. Still haven't burned my games yet but i'll let you know how well they play on the older backup neogamma r6.

Thanks for all of the help. If anyone has any questions, just ask.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried this twice to make sure I was doing it right. For the most part it works but I've got 2 minor problems I've found so far.

My first problem is if I try to run the hbc update from the homebrew channel, it downloads and then the wii restarts in hackmii and I can't figure out what I've done wrong to get rid of that problem.

My second problem is when I try to start USB Loader GX with my usb hdd plugged in it comes up with the background image for the ui and locks up. If I have the hdd unplugged and start USB Loader GX it starts up fine and I click on the cIOS249 and it starts up a 30sec timer and then I plug in my hdd and it starts right up.

Like I said, 2 minor issues but everything does work. If anyone can help me solve these 2 problems I'd appreciate it.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
That happens a lot with USB loader GX. Have you tried updating USB Loader GX to the newest Revision?

And also You have to re install homebrew when that update appears. Then you will have the newest hombrew.

hotkeys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide has been more helpful than anything I have researched for the last 2 weeks. Thanks much. Everything has been on point for me up to page 7 when I need to remove ISO249 stub with wad manager. I open the HBC and click the home button then click Launch Bootmii and the sytem shuts down and the diskdrive and remote lights start to flash. What did I do wrong and where do I go from here?

Sorry after starting over from the begining I think I must have put something in the wrong folder or something. It is working this time.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
That happens a lot with USB loader GX. Have you tried updating USB Loader GX to the newest Revision?

And also You have to re install homebrew when that update appears. Then you will have the newest hombrew.

Hey thanks for the advice. I had actually thought about that after I posted and tried reinstalling homebrew again when bootmii started up and it did give me the update for hbc. As for USB Loader GX, I updated that too and it still does the same problems sometimes. It gives me the problem if I add a new game to the drive or if the game crashes for whatever reason but if I plug in the drive in after starting USB Loader and let it read then the next time I start USB Loader it's happy.

Another thing I noticed is I downloaded a PAL version of Super Paper Mario, converted it to NTSC with WiU 1.1 and then put it on the drive and it still pops up as PAL and I have to do custom settings to force it to NTSC in order to get it to play but I guess that's not an issue.

hotkeys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the Guide!

I only had a couple problems. The DOP-IOS (pg 8) didn't work for me. It acted like it was going to however once it got to the end it would stop. I let it sit for about 5 mins each however they all just sat idle and did nothing. i eventually had to hold the power button.

The other thing that didn't work was the NeoGamma R7. I updated the wad manager to 1.5 and the USB Loader went no prob however the NeoGamma got an error. I tried to download the link that was mentioned at the begining of the post however I didn't see a wad file after extration. Can anyone help with this. I have read everyones posts and I haven't seen a definate fix for these issues.

What is the NeoGamma for?

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotkeys said:
Love the Guide!

I only had a couple problems. The DOP-IOS (pg 8) didn't work for me. It acted like it was going to however once it got to the end it would stop. I let it sit for about 5 mins each however they all just sat idle and did nothing. i eventually had to hold the power button.

The other thing that didn't work was the NeoGamma R7. I updated the wad manager to 1.5 and the USB Loader went no prob however the NeoGamma got an error. I tried to download the link that was mentioned at the begining of the post however I didn't see a wad file after extration. Can anyone help with this. I have read everyones posts and I haven't seen a definate fix for these issues.

What is the NeoGamma for?

NeoGamma is the proggy that allows you to play your Wii backups. I couldn't get it to load either and figured it's just a bad file. My recommendation to you is to go ahead and download the working NeoGamma from the link on the first page, open up the archive and put the NeoGamma folder in it into the apps folder on your SDCard and you'll be able to run it from the homebrew channel. If you want a channel for it on your Wii then go to http://www.wadder.net/downloads/catagory.php?cat=loaders and download whichever backup launcher channel you like. I also recommend downloading the Gamecube Backup Launcher and then do a google search for Wiigator's Gamecube Backup Launcher and just run with it.

BTW, thanks everyone that responded to my questions. All of you were a great help.
yay.gif

kevsmif80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-2011 error! I am getting the -2011 error as well on the neogamma. I have tried using 1.5 installer but cant get it to work it just freezes up. Everything installed great except neogamma and USB could someone help? im on 4.2U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far