Hacking [Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0

usererror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by "just reinstall it", what all do you mean? I tried just reinstalling cios as explained on page 9 where its named boot.dol in the root of the SD card, but then when that finished and I went back to HBC, it still said cios not found.

edit: so do I have to repeat everything (removing the stub ios, replacing it with cios, and then run dop-ios) every single time i startup the wii?

Sharingan86

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I'm having problems using cBoot2 to load WADManager, ive put the files on the SD card as shown in the Guide but when i select Launch BootMii through HBC the screen goes black and the cd slot light keeps flashing, it stays like this until i kill the power to it.

Is there something im doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

landes

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hi
i must have missed the intruction to choose "Do not reload IOS" on the cIOS38rev14" on your manual ?
how can i undo what it did and do it right ?
thanks very much

Choc0lat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am having a black screen after i launch usb loader GX.
I cant install neogamma and USB loader as in the last page of the guide.
I have to use Wad Manager 1.5?
Can I start over the soft mod again?
Can Help please.

limesherbert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 3.3 and my systems already been softmodded. so according to this guide i should use wanin's updater...but it gives me a message saying ERROZ ret=-1 when it is installing the Wii Shop and the update fails. any ideas?

afma348

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, let me say that your guide was very easy to follow. Thank you. I just purchased my wii and am well on my way to moding it.

I followed all the steps and everything went fine until I got Installing Backup Loaders. I got ret=-1022 when I tried to install NeoGamma R7.was and USB Loader GX.wad

I was able to install USB Loader GX.was successfully after going with Wad Manager 1.5 (instead of 1.4). However NeoGamma R7 is still giving me the same error. I downloaded R8beta4 and can run it as a HBC application, but it does not have a wad to install as a channel.

Can you help me fix this problem so I can get NeoGamma installed.

afma348

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afma348 said:
First of all, let me say that your guide was very easy to follow. Thank you. I just purchased my wii and am well on my way to moding it.

I followed all the steps and everything went fine until I got Installing Backup Loaders. I got ret=-1022 when I tried to install NeoGamma R7.was and USB Loader GX.wad

I was able to install USB Loader GX.was successfully after going with Wad Manager 1.5 (instead of 1.4). However NeoGamma R7 is still giving me the same error. I downloaded R8beta4 and can run it as a HBC application, but it does not have a wad to install as a channel.

Can you help me fix this problem so I can get NeoGamma installed.

I got another version of NeoGamma to install successfully. I found R6 on the following post NeoGamma R6 Autoboot Channel, download inside... Now all I have to do is try it out with a copy of a game.

jmaverick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me if the guide has been updated, or used it fully to mod their system. Do I still need to go through page 9 then 8.

Biteable

Trophies
XP
Country
jmaverick said:
Can anyone tell me if the guide has been updated, or used it fully to mod their system. Do I still need to go through page 9 then 8.

I used this yesterday and did page 9 before page 8
Worked perfectly on a 4.2E Wii
Thanks to all involved in making this
Mick
biggrin.gif

luisqtp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Amarokz!!

first of all, I'd like to thankyou your efforts to get all of our Wiis into the scene again!!

I've follow your first version of the gid step by step (berofe I knew the order of pages 8 & 9 was mistaken)

Everything looked like if it went all right (cIOS38 Rev14 was installed successfully), but when I've tried to use the DOP-IOS to downgrade/patch IOS53/55/70 there was an error I couldn't afford.

Finally I couldn't install neithr the NeoGamma nor USB Loader GX.

When I read that the order of pages 8 & 9 where flipped I've downloaded the previous version of those IOS (53/55/70) from the internet through NUS Downloader and I've overwritten them using WAD Manager (v1.4)

CIOS38 cannot be uninstalled/installed again...

Nothing seems to work

backed up games such as GrandSlamTennis / Sports Resort didn't work...

old backed up games seems to work well, but most of my games are backued up in a hard disk.

I've tried to make a ninty upgrade but the console is already at version 4.2E...

what can I do to reinstall CIOS38 + USB Loader

Is this the cause Ican't play backed up games of the new "motion sensor age"??

sorry about my english and thank you in advance!!

Luis

luisqtp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again!!!

I've repeated the process following the guide S-T-E-P--B-Y--S-T-E-P and I have everything working!!!

GrandSlamTennis and WiiResort too!!

The only thing i can'tdo is to load Neogamma or USB Loader Gx in Wii Channels. I've to load them through HBC...

any idea?

It doesn't matter, now isALMOSTperfect!!!

thank you everybody who contributed!!!

Luis

ratsathome

Trophies
XP
Country
All went well until I tried to install the neogamma r7 wad and the usb loader GX wad which both return a 2011 error. Please help(newbie)

ratsathome

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok will do but what about everything I already installed from his guide.How do I get it off or do I just start with yours.
Thanks

blazer5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot here so bear with me.

I have a wii that was soft modded at 4.1u using bannerbomb, hack mii, etc.

Well I came home today and my kids must have updated the firmware to 4.2

It appears that I lost the HBC and preloader 29 (I think that preloader29 let backups play in the disc channel)

Neogamma R6 is still there and USB Loader GX are still there and appear to work OK.

My question is do I have to re softmod from scratch ??

Or can I just reinstall HBC

It looks like the preloader 29 will not work at all on 4.2 from what I'm reading

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer