Homebrew GUI Forwarder

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried tweaking the dol loading code, but no luck so far.

BTW I dunno why a simple dol loading code I have will code dump when I try to add some graphics (grrlib). I haven't tried to backtrace it, i'll do that when I get the time and I hope I discover what's wrong.

JQE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
suloku said:
I tried tweaking the dol loading code, but no luck so far.

BTW I dunno why a simple dol loading code I have will code dump when I try to add some graphics (grrlib). I haven't tried to backtrace it, i'll do that when I get the time and I hope I discover what's wrong.

I think it comes down to threading or something. Not entirely sure, cause to be honest.. i like to reverse things and hack, but i don't know that much about programming.

I can get channel launching code to work, except when i call it from LibWiiGui... i don't understand it... i am getting to the point where i might have to give up on that feature unless i get some help..

I thought i had arguments working.. i will have to test.

JQE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For all who are interested here is my latest version.

Channel loading working using TitleID (though most have multiple title IDs so you have to figure out which one is which). Very close to the name but having problems with the routine. Hoping to have those this weekend.

More options on the screen at a time. 12 instead of 4. (1 is the channel menu the other is DVD).

changed the look and feel. Added a clock. Also added battery meter in settings screen. When click on a game opens up a launch window (no pictures yet, but it loads largeicon.png from folder). allowing for more navigation. Settings can be changed for each channel here.

here is a video...

i will post a working DOl tomorrow and graphics folder, i need a bit more modification of files before i do.

JQE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
updated dol file and graphic images.

Cleaned up the buttons a bit more...

Channel launching with Title ID.. still working on name. For some reason i can launch the game, just can't read the name.. very strange...

GXloaderGui

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
This is really looking great
biggrin.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now if this could connect to USB, and snag the opening.br then place it it the channels pointing to a crap compatible loader.dol, then this would be the best loader ever!

If I could code in C, I would help out (Oracle coder by trade), but I really don't have the time to learn C and all of the Wii library functions just now.

I would be a willing tester though!

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is some really fantastic work. I've got professional experience with photoshop and I can help you round out your gui. Let me know if I may be of assistance.

I've also got a few suggestions, if it will help. I'm considering this as a homebrew channel replacement rather than a system menu replacement. I feel like it's a lost cause trying to develop loaders for installed channels when the system menu does a fine job. I don't say this to insult you, but rather to suggest that it might be a neat idea to make the disc and installed channel buttons an on/off toggle option in the menu. Another related point is that I found the earlier layout to be original and aesthetically pleasing. My coding skills are poor, so I don't know how difficult this might be, but providing an option for switching layouts would be a nice feature. For example, you could have a "system menu" layout, a cascading layout going from top left to bottom right, a layout like your original version, and a list layout like the homebrew channel. Then, to select the preferred layout, you could just provide an option box in the congif menu.

Also, and you may already be on this page, I thought it would be neat to have an app specific fullscreen image come up when you click the menu items, one that would be different from the standard icon. For instance, if the icon is icon.png, the fullscreen image could be something akin to bg.png, and you could even provide the option for a sound to be played in conjunction with the splash screen.

These ideas might be a bit overkill in terms of where you're trying to go with this. I tend to be a tweak junkie and like to see how far I can go to get something to look just right. I'm just tossing my ideas your way because I'm genuinely impressed with your work so far and would like to see this project continue to develop. Great job so far!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night