Homebrew RELEASE GUI for NSP Forwarder tool for 12+

Ponpokopoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello. I can't generate NSP files at all. I installed and updated the MSYS2 library first as I've seen it suggested/recommended when googling around. This has been my process.
-Download and unpack zip
-Copy prod.keys on the root folder
-Run the exe and fill in until it looks like this
snap.PNG

-When I hit "create folder", it opens a new NSP folder, completely empty
-Close the program
-Copy Menu 0.12 beta.au3 from the "AU3 Script Files" to the root folder
-Run exe, fill in, create forwarder, empty folder
-Rename "Menu 0.12 beta.au3" as "Menu.au3"
-Run exe, fill in, create forwarder, empty folder
-Start from scratch using a different nro (which would be in the /switch/ folder of the SD card) that also uses a JPG icon instead (in both cases, the icons were 256x256px) and repeat all steps

I have yet to produce a single forwarder.

s3m80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I succesfully create some forwader apps, one question how to do u exit from the apps instead of press home force close, exit button on apps not working just stay on apps.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please is there any way to make us select our user player before nsp starts like others Nintendo switch games?
I think it’s related to lacking of savefile.

Last edited by Fadi5555,

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
New Version (v0.12 Beta) 4th Oct 2021 - See Changelog For Updates - AIO Version Includes All files from @mpham & @Meliodas2255 Massive Thanks to @shadow256 for Updates

View attachment 278279View attachment 278280

I've added an option to skip image conversion you WILL need to provide the Icon file as a 256 x 256 Pixel JPG and if you use it the Logo file it must be a 160 x 40 Pixel PNG
NOTE!! You MUST tick the Disable Image Conversion option BEFORE choosing your image files

GUI for the NSP Forwarder Tool for 12+ that @mpham posted. I'm not the best at programming so this is done with AutoIT I've attached a Compiled exe version and the Script to compile it yourself

Important you WILL need the prod.keys file generated by Lockpick_RCM

15th Sept 2021
- Big thank you to @shadow256 for continuing to update this in my absence, I've got some ongoing health issues which have meant I'm not able to get on the PC as much as I'd like, I've just put together an updated v0.10b AIO version from the script (AU3) posted by @shadow256 I've only had time to do a quick test but it seems to be working well.

Features
  • Build NSP Forwarders for NRO and RetroArch Rom's
  • Accepts PNG, JPG/JPEG, BMP, GIF and TIF Images for the Icon and Logo
  • Automatically Resizes and Converts Icon and Logo to the correct dimensions (The Icon should be at least roughly square and the Logo should be wider than tall to look acceptable) but any will work
  • Allows prod.keys to be located anywhere
  • Generates a Random TitleID or can be entered manually

Change Log

• First Release
  • Fixed Random Key generation
  • Added error checks for Name, Author and Icon Path have been entered
  • Switched from creating a batch file and running it to running the commands directly
  • Fixed missing prod.key custom path options
  • Cleaning up after creating the forwarder,
  • Restores NintendoLogo.png to default,
  • Create new blank versions of nextArgv and nextNroPath
  • Delete nacbrewpack_backup Directory
  • Delete icon_AmericanEnglish.dat
  • Delete TempIcon and TempLogo
  • Added Image conversion to the correct format and resolution
  • Tidy up menu allignment
  • Added error checks on Path Lengths above 256 Characters long to Icon, Logo and Prod.key browse dialogs
  • Added error check that Icon and Logo images are converted correctly
  • Added option to open Icon and Logo in MSPaint as a sanity check also adds the suggestion to save out as a png, MSPaint Seems to be less fussy over filee types than the fuctions built into AutoIt
  • Added changelog & known issues to Script

0.6_Diagnose
  • Copy TempIcon, TempLogo, icon_AmericanEnglish.dat, NintendoLogo and creates a txt file with the command string passed to hactool in out.txt
  • Diabled Diagnose Routine in standard, see notes in script to enable
  • Error in TitleID generation (hopefully fixed) TitleID will now start 02-09 then random and end 2000, this should fix NSP generation Thank you @duckbill007 for pointing out my error
0.8 Beta
  • Reorganize GUI to be More usable with screen readers, tested with NVDA Changes provided by @shadow256 (Thank You)
  • Removed Old Unused code
0.9 Beta Updates by @shadow256
  • Change some path treatements, should fix some bugs like the bug of custom prod.keys path not always working
  • Path for files pointed by the forwarder doesn't require anymore the "/" at the beginning of them
  • Rewrite text of some labels
  • Other minor changes
0.10 Beta Updates by @shadow256
  • Prod.keys should work properly.
  • Special characters should be displayed correctly
  • Fix some other bugs
0.11 Beta Updates by @shadow256
  • Default logo file and his backup will not be deleted anymore at the end of the process, should prevent for some big problems
0.12 Beta
  • Tidied up Menu Title
  • Added option to disable icon conversion, Tick the checkbox BEFORE selecting your images (I need to rework the menu to make this option easier)
  • Cleanup of files also added to the close (X) button

Known Issues
  • Some forwarders are created with ? logo when installed on the switch, 0.12 Beta adds an option to disable the image conversion completely as a workaround as no rootcause has been identified

There's probably 100's of ways to break it so backup any files first

Added a couple of Logo.png files I created

LibRetroLogo.png and HBMenu.png, use them with the Logo Path option, they show up top left when you start the forwarder

View attachment 261498 View attachment 261499

Total Virus Report

Version 0.12 Beta
Something I never see people poiting out to. If you extracted your keys before updating your console to HOS 12, extract them again after doing it. As far as I know, after updating from 12 to 13 there's no need, but you can if you want to keep the keys backup fresh.

Halfsack123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with a forwarder for FBA? I got this set- but the forwarder it came with doesn’t work- and I’m not savvy enough to make my own. Any help would be awesome

s3m80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can someone help me with a forwarder for FBA? I got this set- but the forwarder it came with doesn’t work- and I’m not savvy enough to make my own. Any help would be awesome
here u go put the nro under switch folder, it shoudl work up to 13.1 ams 1.2.4 latest

Attachments

• FBA_02400CC60B5C2000.zip
    317.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by s3m80,

s3m80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah that didn't work either
try this one is tested by me edit the icon with match fbneo, just use the normal folder switch/pfba/pfba.nro and install this nsp using goldleaf

Attachments

• PFBneo_0740107CCBFB2000.zip
    317.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by s3m80,

Halfsack123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then u got the wrong configuration, that one allready tested by me. u should put the rom on the switch/pfba/roms
That's exactly where the roms are. I know where to put them. What I'm saying is that I downloaded this pack from a website that had everything already configured and adjusted- but the forwarder doesn't work on updated atmosphere.

So I'm just trying to get a forwarder that will work with all of that.

Halfsack123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then u got the wrong configuration, that one allready tested by me. u should put the rom on the switch/pfba/roms
UPDATE - I deleted the existing config file- and it seems to work perfectly now. Aside from a handful of ROMs not working- the vast majority do! Maybe I'll figure out how to get those to work at some point- but for now I'm pretty happy with that. Thanks a ton for the help! If you have any pointers on how to get the few that don't work to work- let me know!

s3m80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
UPDATE - I deleted the existing config file- and it seems to work perfectly now. Aside from a handful of ROMs not working- the vast majority do! Maybe I'll figure out how to get those to work at some point- but for now I'm pretty happy with that. Thanks a ton for the help! If you have any pointers on how to get the few that don't work to work- let me know!
well for some dont work like init driver failed I think the rom is not supported by fbaneo for now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back