Hacking GTA CTW M3 Lag

Slashkokkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I experience a lot of lag when i play this game, it´s playable but major slowdown a bit like lag.
I´ve got a m3ds Real card with 4gb kingson SDHC is anyone else experience this?
Sry for my bad english.

wilsonramal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i have a 8gb SDHC Sandisk and game lags too, on my M3 Real, but it doesn't lag on my friend's acekard 2 using same microsd. I also experience lags on GH : OT using M3 Real. I'm considering buying a $11 acekard 2 at dealextreme.

wilsonramal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
trust me! It´s not GTA.

Flashcards like M3 Real, cyclo ds ,etc ; need special high read speed microsd cards to run heavy games like GTA, GH:OT, and INTRO MOVIES(Castlevania) with no slow-downs. This is not the case of Acekard 2(it's on the feature list): >Support any brand of TF, with no slowdown! (and it's true, personally tested).

If you haven't experienced lags with games like new super mario bros or mario kart on your M3 Real, it's because they do not require good quality microsd cards.

The solution would be to find a genuine, expensive brand, made in japan microsd card for your M3 Real, or buy ¨another¨ flashcard. (I had to! i don´t have money or time to buy a expensive microsd and I love playing GH:OT with no lags.)

Slashkokkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I´ve got a Kingston japan. and the only game that has ever lagged (what i could tell) was Gta. but what sd card do you recommend?

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I sometimes feel that the game is slightly lagging (it look like the screen is "shaking" a little bit), but it's tough to say if it's really a "bug", or if the game is made like that. Is there a way to test a MicroSD card speed? (I got a 4gig from DX)

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, after having played a little bit more, I can say that that I experience lags, even if they are not major. Is there a way to format the MicroSD card to ensure maximum speed? (I remmember seeing that somewhere...)

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gaboumafou said:
Okay, after having played a little bit more, I can say that that I experience lags, even if they are not major. Is there a way to format the MicroSD card to ensure maximum speed? (I remmember seeing that somewhere...)
You could use the Panasonic SD Formatter. That seems to speed things up, although it could just be a placebo.
tongue.gif

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I used that. Wasn't there a solution involving changing clusters size?

Also, I noticed that my "problem" is more with "pop-in" problems... But it's nothing really anoying. I wonder if the original cartridge plays the same...

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have read of lag in reviews so it could be the game or it could be your sd card cause im using a transcend and im not getting lag

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I noticed it too. At first it played perfect, just when WIFI is on it would drop the framerate at times. Now I'm having the pop-in problems too. I'm using the Class 4 Kingston 4 GB. I also tried a reformat when the problems appeared but no luck. I guess it's time to get a Class 6, but I don't have any other devices to take my Class 4. That's been holding me back from buying a replacement.

Sagatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda noticed some lag too, using my m3real+sakura 1.34 firmware and a 4gb sandisk class 6 microsd.
Lag was commonplace when I used the patched ROM, things improved however when I used the clean ROM with the cheat file bypass...
I dunno, might be just me.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its probably down to the M3's slow SD access speed and has nothing to do with your micoSD, the M3 Real and the iTouch have more lag compared to nearly all other flashcarts.

Slashkokkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i guess i have to buy the game for the real experience^^.
The game is real good so i won´t mind.
too bad if it is the m3 cards.
And wery weird that some people have no problem at all
Couse i got a Kingston Japan 4gb class 4 card aswell.

Senrii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I experience lag too. And you'll do a good job buying the game, I bought it also ^.^

Everyone should buy their games, or at least GTA.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo