OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big surprise, right?
dry.gif

Anyway, I had a feeling that might be the case, since we hadn't seen or heard anything about the game and it's already so far into the year. Well, Gamespot reports the game will be out "Q1 fiscal 2009." -Source

Of course, we should expect screenies in the next issue of Nintendo Power. Until then, chop-chop!
nyanya.gif

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow what a big shock /sarcasm meh not reli botherd it was bound to happen i mean look at how long it been since it was annouced no PAX gameplay footage was the biggest give away

noammax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woh, hold it! This game is set for winter right? Well guess what! Q1 2009 Is still winter!

Lets just hope this is better than gta advance which made me do this:
hate2.gif

cyklo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, it's hard to care about delays to a game to which I know absolutely nothing about except the title.

I suppose that's one way to avoid disappointment.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noammax said:
Woh, hold it! This game is set for winter right? Well guess what! Q1 2009 Is still winter!

Well, guess what, the official Rockstar website has had it listed as due for release "Holiday 2008" since it was first announced at E3. Only in the last few days did they change it to "This Winter."

Anyway, to expand a bit on the Gamespot report, they make mention that due to Rockstar's use of the word "fiscal" in their statement, it could still technically release in November of this year.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noammax said:

Lets just hope this is better than gta advance which made me do this:
hate2.gif

I see it the same way.

QUOTE(JPH @ Sep 4 2008, 06:01 PM) The more time they have to work on it, the better the final product will be (the way I see it)
smile.gif

I agree, i hate when companys rush a game and then the game ends up being glitchy and a piece of junk

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not delayed since they never gave any release dates anyway, so you can't delay what wasn't announced.

P

pasc

I want screens and videos thats all I wanna see right now, if those are good they can take a year if they want, if it'll be a true gta experience.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
I want screens and videos thats all I wanna see right now, if those are good they can take a year if they want, if it'll be a true gta experience.

Yeah, that's pretty much my sentiment. I just want to see what direction they're going to go in -- either top-down or a more 3D graphic style. Of course, as with their past games, screens won't likely offer the exact look of what the final product will look like, but it'd be nice to see what we can expect.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
yeah it's ok if it's been Delayed in January 2009 because it will be on my birthday i hope they do more nice graphics for ds same psp i hope anyway waiting for 2009

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The whole idea of GTA on a low powered handheld like the DS puts me off the idea of even downloading it.

There is two ways they can go: Top Down view or 3D View. Top Down view will be crap because well...it is top down. 3D wil lbe crap because the ds isn't very powerful for characters to not be very pixelated around the edges and the building and cars to look awful.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
The whole idea of GTA on a low powered handheld like the DS puts me off the idea of even downloading it.

There is two ways they can go: Top Down view or 3D View. Top Down view will be crap because well...it is top down. 3D wil lbe crap because the ds isn't very powerful for characters to not be very pixelated around the edges and the building and cars to look awful.

Looks aren't everything. The PSP GTA games look great but the controls are so shitty that they bring the game back down to mediocre status. Transformers DS was free roam, full 3D on the DS and it was damned good imo. Looked lame but it got the job done. I'm just happy to have GTA on DS regardless of how it looks.
yaynds.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I'm more interested in the perspective of the gameplay than I am concerned about the quality of the graphics. The DS has put out plenty of great-looking 3D games -- at least games that look great to me. If you can't skew your expectations for the system, that's one thing, but Rockstar can do plenty on DS in terms of 3D.

Of course, if you're not willing to even download the game, than I'm sure you won't be hurting Rockstar's feelings.
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap