Gaming GTA Chinatown Wars Boxart

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, pretty nice looking.

People will get second thoughts of the game from seeing this box.

But I mean, it isn't 3D. Yet they make the boxart look like it's 3D.

Meh.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:

Meh.

They could see the back of the box and it shows what it looks like.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official?
unsure.gif

Looks good, either way.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:

QUOTE(Noitora @ Dec 17 2008, 12:06 PM) An "old-school" GTA would have been better.

Having not really followed this game, these two comments seem rather contradictory and confuse the hell out of me. Is this game going to be old school top-down 2D or like the newer 3D GTAs

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X D D X said:
Look's good and similar to the other GTA games.
Wasn't this supposed to have Wifi though?

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Dec 17 2008, 12:03 PM) Wonder if it has WIFI ( probably not because its not on the box art but you'll never know)

For uploading gameplay statistics onto Rockstar Games Social Club: YES
For gameplay: NO

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
An "old-school" GTA would have been better. I bet this game is going to be really lame.

I was hoping that it would be somat like that, like the classical birds eye view etc. Never the less i guess we will all enjoy this.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Brian117 said:

QUOTE(Noitora @ Dec 17 2008, 12:06 PM) An "old-school" GTA would have been better.

Having not really followed this game, these two comments seem rather contradictory and confuse the hell out of me. Is this game going to be old school top-down 2D or like the newer 3D GTAs

It is fully 3D, and though Gordon Hall (the head of Rockstar Leeds) doesn't refer to the view as an isometric view, it's pretty much in line with that sort of perspective. Either way, he claims (in the latest issue of Nintendo Power) that this is the most polished and ultimately best project his studio has ever worked on. That's saying something, in my opinion, considering both PSP GTAs (of which Leeds developed both games). The latest NP interview with Hall really clears up a lot of things, and it's just amazing how much stuff they've crammed into this game. Should be excellent.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
It is fully 3D, and though Gordon Hall (the head of Rockstar Leeds) doesn't refer to the view as an isometric view, it's pretty much in line with that sort of perspective. Either way, he claims (in the latest issue of Nintendo Power) that this is the most polished and ultimately best project his studio has ever worked on. That's saying something, in my opinion, considering both PSP GTAs (of which Leeds developed both games). The latest NP interview with Hall really clears up a lot of things, and it's just amazing how much stuff they've crammed into this game. Should be excellent.

Yes it is really pushing the DS to its limits., I like how they've added so much little things like being able to stunt jump into a police helicopter, and even the touch screen minigames sound fun.
It's always exciting to read about a developer that cares that much about the quality of their games.

p.s. You can read the Interview right here

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:

Meh.

WTF are you smoking? It's very obviously drawn. How are people going to think that because there are characterized drawings on the front that it's going to be 3d? I don't see it myself. It's supposed to be a true 3d engine as well, so maybe we can pull some cool LoZ:PH camera trickery with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?