Hacking Grrrr...! sd card classes again!

DavidKang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im using a dstwo with the newest eos.
Im having problems searching through items and epic slow downs while playing pokemon black2.
I have a class 4 micro sd card but will it be easier and have the same speed as a cartridge when a upgrade to class 10?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well class determines the write speed, so MicroSDs are often faster than original carts when it comes to saving... but the seek and read times are what cause issues for browsing through items and loading levels and junk, so usually a better-quality MicroSD will help.

You don't need to go Class-10, just get a non-cheap Class-6 like this from a reputable store (not a chinese import shop).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208453

Reactions: Terminator02

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Also, make sure the card is properly formatted with the SD Formatter, I had same problems with slowdown on Black 2 and after doing a full erase (overwrite) with formatting adjustment on it improved a lot.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess the SuperCard DS TWO is more sensitive to SD Card Classes than my Acekard is because I have been using Class 2 2GB Micro SD Cards from a Tiwan Manufactuer called Kingston and I haven't had any problems with Slowdown with Pokemon Black 2 or White 2. So don't know, I guess class may matter less than manufacturer. Or perhaps the firmware of the flash card I use has optimization or something. Whenever I start to have problems with random crashing or god forbid; loss of saved data (Points at Advance Wars) I just put it through the ol Panasonic SD Formatting program. Full Erase (Overwrite) format size adjustment turned ON. This process takes long time on single or dual core PC but if you have a quad core, it takes 30 seconds! Either way, the performance boost is worth it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Kingston's not a manufacturer. They resell stock from other companies, so there's no real way to tell which ones come from which place, and it's often the case that some kingston cards are great (because they're extra stock from a good manufacturer), and others are cheap shit.

EDIT: Also formatting doesn't depend on the CPU or number of cores. It's purely I/O limited, so the write speed of the card itself, the reader used for it, and your available bandwidth on the reader's bus (USB, etc.) is what determines how fast an overwrite format is.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a class 6 32gb microSD and on the DS_GAME menu, it won't show all of my games. Out of the 312 DS ROMs I place on the root, it refuses to show about 85 of them. Is this because of the class of my card, or is it a fixable problem?

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a class 6 32gb microSD and on the DS_GAME menu, it won't show all of my games. Out of the 312 DS ROMs I place on the root, it refuses to show about 85 of them. Is this because of the class of my card, or is it a fixable problem?

max 231 per folder... split it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte