Gaming grown up pokemon?

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i can't bring myself to play pokemon pearl etc because of the fact it's so obviously aimed at the younger audience.. I dunno it just doesn't appeal to me really, I'm only 22 it's not like im REALLY OLD but i dunno- are there any games with the same type of gaming mechanics as pokemon but are more geared towards older audiences?

Thanks

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dragon quest monsters is the only thing i can think of that's out right now.
or if you want real-time action battles you can try spectrobes.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are other RPGs, but none with really the same as Pokemon. The only one's close are still kiddish, which are Digimon. Try looking up some RPGs. Choose one you like.

And no one is EVER to old to play Pokemon. xD

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suppose you can try Dragon Quest Monsters Joker or if you want a blast from the past theres always dragon warrior monsters,Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobi's Journey/Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Tara's Adventure,of course the last 3 I mentioned are for game boy color,but if your a graphics type of person stick with joker.....

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why not? Pokemon were made by adults, despite the fact it's aimed at children, you can always
"check if Pokemon Pearl is safe from weird things that might harm kids mentally, in doing so, you have to complete it"

Not a bad excuse, but I know it's lame ;P

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm 19 and I still enjoy playing pokemon. Sure I get tired of it a lot faster than when I did when I was little but I still enjoy it a lot. Collecting and Trading never gets old man lol XD

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ComplicatioN said:
pokemon never gets old

Actually it does,not everyone likes playing the same 3 games for each generation
tongue.gif

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol. I also have played from red to diamond and I know ima get platinum lol. No matter how much I say I won't play pokemon. I always end up buying the game lol. Something about new pokemons and new evolutions and such keeps bringing me back in
laugh.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nocturnius said:
lol. I also have played from red to diamond and I know ima get platinum lol. No matter how much I say I won't play pokemon. I always end up buying the game lol. Something about new pokemons and new evolutions and such keeps bringing me back in
laugh.gif

Pokemon really does brainwash you. Maybe by the pokemon sounds ... hidden messages. lol
They aren't really improving it much. They just add some features and slap together a game.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really, pokemon isnt that bad. BUT I have noticed the newer versions have gotten kiddier. If you havent already, complete Pokemon Gold/Silver. (or its FireRed hack ShinyGold)

Gold and Silver are probably the best pokeman games, hands down. I didnt spend more than 900 hours on it for nothing
gbasp.gif

One of the greatest games of that time *nostalgia kicks in*. But also FireRed/LeafGreen are awesome

Crystal also is pretty good, but i prefer the original storylines

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
I suppose you can try Dragon Quest Monsters Joker or if you want a blast from the past theres always dragon warrior monsters,Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobi's Journey/Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Tara's Adventure,of course the last 3 I mentioned are for game boy color,but if your a graphics type of person stick with joker.....

thanks i'll try the joker one
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dragon quest monsters joker is is kinda how most people would want pokemon.
as it's in full 3D, and played from a 3rd person perspective.
tough main differences are, all monsters fight at the same time, and you catch monsters by impressing them instead of hitting them on the head with a ball.

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skyman747 said:
Like people have said, you are NEVAR too old for pokemon. Been playing since Red, and will probably keep playing into the future. I think that even though everyone acts like they are too old for pokemon, I bet you alot of kids play it.
MicShadow said:
Really, pokemon isnt that bad. BUT I have noticed the newer versions have gotten kiddier. If you havent already, complete Pokemon Gold/Silver. (or its FireRed hack ShinyGold)
And the games aren't getting kiddier, you are getting older.

... actually, they ARE. I remember with Gold/Silver, there was a Storyline... something about evil people, and the Unknown, etc. etc. But with pearl / Diamond, it's "GET THOSE DAMN POKEMON, ASSHAT." What drives you to go on? I beat Pearl twice. Both times, I got so bored I decided to hack it. I don't WANT 493 freaking Pokemon! I want a game as long as Gold and Silver (And crystal)! They had 2 worlds, 18 gyms, 2 pokemon leagues. The only reason I never picked them up again was because there are no running shoes, and I don't have the time to go back and forth. I want the next game with kanto, Johto, Hoenn, AND... uh... the new one xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: