Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokewiz99 said:
skyman747 said:
Like people have said, you are NEVAR too old for pokemon. Been playing since Red, and will probably keep playing into the future. I think that even though everyone acts like they are too old for pokemon, I bet you alot of kids play it.
MicShadow said:
Really, pokemon isnt that bad. BUT I have noticed the newer versions have gotten kiddier. If you havent already, complete Pokemon Gold/Silver. (or its FireRed hack ShinyGold)
And the games aren't getting kiddier, you are getting older.
I want the next game with kanto, Johto, Hoenn, AND... uh... the new one xD
I think it was Sinngo or something

Esh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can play red/blue on the DS without getting an Advance card?

Those were the best

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
First thing that came to mind:
582958_59986_front.jpg

But well, since you're probably looking for something on the DS... I dunno, maybe waiting for Atlus' Devil Summoner? It's been just announced, though... =/

Esh said:
Is there any way I can play red/blue on the DS without getting an Advance card?

Those were the best
You talkin' about the GB/GBC games? Try the Lameboy emulator, most games work like a charm, I don't think Pokemon will be an exception. Look around the NDS - Emulation boards or the Gbatemp's Download Section for more info.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rod said:
First thing that came to mind:
582958_59986_front.jpg

But well, since you're probably looking for something on the DS... I dunno, maybe waiting for Atlus' Devil Summoner? It's been just announced, though... =/
Dammit, I was going to suggest that.

But yeah, not available for the DS. Now, for the GBA there's the Demikids spinoffs -- which are, obviously, as the name implies, SMT aimed at kids. But still not as much at kids as Pokemon; you're still summoning demons, say. And if you play Demikids dark, just about the entire game takes place in Hell. Atlus has an odd concept of how to aim things at kids.

Or, of course, you could always play the SNES Shin Megami Tenshi games. I'm not sure any of the SNES emulators for the DS will handle them properly, but they're not really aimed at kids, at least...

In terms of GBC games, there's Magi Nation. That's still kinda aimed at kids, but perhaps not quite so heavily... and the mechanics are a bit deeper. You might like it.

Digimon is all right as long as you can stand the fact that they put the word 'digi' in front of everything (seriously, everything.) Also, only the very first NDS game is worth playing. Since you can have multiple creatures out at once, the fights feel more interesting and less glorified rock-paper-scissors-ish. Someone should make a patch that removes every instance of the word 'digi' from the digimon games, it would actually make them much less cringe-inducing. It would probably also cut the filesize by, like, 50%.

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as for dragon quest monsters joker it's an ok game really.. - but wow what a boring slow moving plot.. the character graphics are great but the scenery is dull and boring.And are the characters this dull thoughout the whole thing?..

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in the process of downloading every episode of Pokemon and I still fire up Diamond on occasion and I'l have Platinum downloaded errrr, bought when it hits, and I'm 27
smile.gif

Mew FTW!!!

demekanized

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the idea of pokemon, and have played most of the games at least a little bit. BUT... they are all so very irritating in that any and all text and story takes ages to get through. I can not stand starting or replaying a game and having to be introduced to the world of pokemon again. Also the whole trainer battles concept is annoying. You are required to battle any trainer that sees you, with no possibility of declining the battle? (instead of saying F*** You, Get out of my way!) They need to come up with a better and less repetitive progression mechanic (lack of a better term?). Oh and (yeah that's not all!) random battles wouldn't be as annoying if there was more variety in them. Every time I go into a cave zubats attack like crazy, or in the early levels you see a hundred of the same pokemon (I'm looking at you zigzagoon.) before setting eyes on something new, but just as weak (why can't there be more variety in even the early areas? Blah Blah Blah.... yeah I have a bad habit of droning on and on!

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I like pokeymanz but I'm kinda embarassed by it.
frown.gif

Anyway, Telefang is similar to pokemon, nice music too, but it's in japanese. There's a 2nd one for GBA, the 1st is for GBC (and had a shitty translation which someone called pokemon diamond and sold for money, so it's kinda infamous for that). Might be a translation patch for the 2nd one, if there is you should check it out.
smile.gif

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, their's no shame in pokemon. I guarentee that a little 8 year old kid wouldn't be able to play that game the way it was meant to be played. Really, the game is geared towards everyone, the cartoon is for kids.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having played every iteration Pokemon since the day it dropped in the US on the Game Boy - as a wee junior high school student - I can say there is nothing like it, and I still love it in a unique, bizarre way. I don't think there are any comparable options not listed here, and in my humble opinion, none of them are good enough.

So... sorry. Pokemon is still a sole contender for my wander-the-world-and-gather-the-team-and-rape style of RPG.

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yo. Ye were saying that pokemon gold/silver were the best pokemon games well guess what

There making remakes there called "pokemon heart gold "and "soul silver" no joke.

There coming out (if i remember right) september in japan and early next year for europe an america.

Some of the new features are
1.There is a skateboard thing (i dont know if its instead of the bike or if the bikes still there)
2.You can have one pokemon walk around with you outside its ball(like in amity park but everywhere and with every pokemon)
3.There bringing back team rocket and the old maps
4.Wi-fi underground
5.Ho-Oh and lugia legendaries

and thats all i can remember.

If you want to see it in action there are some videos of a japanese version on youtube

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 13 and recently started getting really bored of pokemon whats up with that? I used to be a fiend for it and now I could'nt care less. Maybe I'm waiting for Heart gold and Soul Silver or maybe I'm just waiting for a whole new line of pokemon. I think I'm gona try and play the newest spectrobe game(Checking the reviews first)

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The latest spectrobes (spectrobes :beyond the portals) is better than the first one.

Its like pokemon but there isnt half as much spectrobes(as pokemon) and it is much easier to complete but overall its still a fun game.

This new game is also much longer than the first one.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys know that the last post before yesturdays post was made in Jan 8 right? Why bring up a old topic :S

Edit: The fact that the guy probably found something to play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.