Grounded for... going on my bike.. ?

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either accept that you can handle her taking away anything she's given you and ignore what she says
OR if you need her for transport or she's paying for something a la your phone and you need it then deal with it

helpful tip: telling her to elaborate and tell you what cheeky means is pretty damn cheeky

B

ball2012003

dictionary.com:
Cheeky–adjective, cheek·i·er, cheek·i·est.
impudent; insolent: a cheeky fellow; cheeky behavior.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
dictionary.com:
Cheeky–adjective, cheek·i·er, cheek·i·est.
impudent; insolent: a cheeky fellow; cheeky behavior.
That's not really fair on her part. I mean, being punished for riding your bicycle deserves some explanation, it's not like he went "fuck you I'll do what I want".

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably PMS or something like that. It's really annoying when women get pissed about something and expect you to just automatically know why they are pissed. As if us guys think about "girl stuff" all the time or something.

It's even more annoying when you ask why and get a smartass reply like you received.

Personally, I don't tolerate it.....probably why I'm still single. Of course, that's not so easy when it's your parents.

Dj_Qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's good.

There is always two sides to a story. I am sure there is a reason why your mother was upset.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe she was planning on surprising you with a wonderful gift. That happened to me once, and I left the house to go meet some friends.

She threw the cologne she got for me down the sink.
frown.gif

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
Probably PMS or something like that. It's really annoying when women get pissed about something and expect you to just automatically know why they are pissed. As if us guys think about "girl stuff" all the time or something.

It's even more annoying when you ask why and get a smartass reply like you received.

Personally, I don't tolerate it.....probably why I'm still single. Of course, that's not so easy when it's your parents.
Ah, the PMS excuse rears it's head. I swear, if half of the female population stopped using that excuse for themselves; it will disappear for good! I mean, I will admit that I'm a total bitch and a half if I do something mean like that.

As for the original poster - don't know. Parents are touchy - I live with them, and I can't even spend my own money on stuff they don't approve of. Just give her time to cool off, and it will be good. Apologize if needed, and ask her again about why that got you grounded when she isn't mad at you.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:

Wow, that's just sexist. Women are not the only ones who get pissed without giving reasons, men do it too; this type of behaviour is not exclusive to one sex.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Overman1977 said:
Rayder said:

Wow, that's just sexist. Women are not the only ones who get pissed without giving reasons, men do it too; this type of behaviour is not exclusive to one sex.

when women use the excuse just as much as men like to point it out, it is no longer sexist.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overman1977 said:
Rayder said:

True, that's very sexist. And I'm a guy.

Women have problems dealing with their emotions, but they go through hell and back a lot. Not only is our society always placing men above women, they have the remedial jobs much more often than the men.

Sure, now the tides are changing for the better (equality FTW), but we still have a ways to go, even more so in other countries.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
Overman1977 said:
Rayder said:

when women use the excuse just as much as men like to point it out, it is no longer sexist.

I said nothing about PMS....I was referring to the statement 'women get pissed about something and expect you to just automatically know why they are pissed.'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii