OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
The untethered jailbreak for iOS4.2.1 for all devices was promised along time ago (Christmas). However, no jailbreak for all devices came out, at most untethered for 4th gen devices that required SHSH blobs for it to work. FInally, the Chronic Dev Team has upgraded their greenpois0n jailbreak tool to work on iOS4.2.1 (The tool is for Mac OSX only)

The tool is available HERE

Note: Only the Mac OSX version of the tool has been upgraded to jailbreak iOS4.2.1; Windows users have to wait a bit longer.

Instructions
1. Upgrade iDevice to iOS4.2.1 (Do NOT upgrade if you depend on an unlock!)
2. Run greenpois0n and follow on screen instructions.
3. Turn on iDevice once done, open Loader.app and install Cydia.
4. Enjoy.

Little comment, I had to try this 3 times to get it to finally work. Works now though. However, I wasn't the only one with that problem.

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Refresh at these locations to get it, since their main website is flooded. Might take you a while to get the file.
excl.gif

If you guys still can`t get it, I`ve put another website download.

Save time not tethering at every reboot, enjoy!
smile.gif

Also, "Make sure you have a clean 4.2.1 install before running GP"

Edit: Servers are down again

http://bbs.weiphone.com/job-htm-action-dow...id-1595388.html -Mac

http://www.greenpois0n.com//dl/greenpois0n-win_rc5.zip -Windows
http://www.greenpois0n.com/dl/greenpois0n-lin_rc5.zip -Linux
http://www.greenpois0n.com//dl/greenpois0n-osx_rc5.zip -Mac

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guess we'll have to wait for the servers to be back online... or someone Mirrors the RC5 somewhere haha (well, I need the windows one... I see plenty of OSX mirrors, but nothing for windows... *sigh*)

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Provided that a Windows version gets released, wha't the correct way to "upgrade" from a tethered JB 4.2.1?
I have an iPod Touch 4g.
Can I just overwrite the tethered JB with the new one from Greenpois0n, or is it absolutely necessary to restore the iPod to factory settings first?
Thx.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MuscleNerd said:
nope, in this usage, RS just installs Cydia. Doesn't affect boot sequence (so GP untether continues to work)

^ I'm guessing that's a no. It actually makes sense; a tethered jailbreak doesn't affect how a device boots, that's why it's tethered, you need jailbreak it every time you want to turn your device on. So after jailbreaking with Greenpois0n, I imagine you can just delete the Loader app.

Edit: Found this:

MuscleNerd(but those with tethered redsn0w JB can just go ahead and run GP over it, since they don't interact in that setup)

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no point even if someone uploads it as the loader wont be able to load the sources from the greenp0ision website until its back up. I also think that the Windows version is NOT out yet. I downloaded the mac version and it successfully jailbreak my iPod 2g/3g MC model but I was unable to install Cydia because it could not download the sources from the greenp0ision website. Hopefully its back up soon.
smile.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richardsito said:
Oh well thanks anyway

Btw Look at the links anj posted one of them says win rc5 is that the win32 greenpoison version?
Apparently, it was just a placeholder file in preparation for the Windows version to be released. It actually hasn't been uploaded yet.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richardsito said:
That sucks I wish I had a mac
It'll probably be released very soon. At least I hope so. You haven't exactly been able to trust release dates in the jailbreak scene lately.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
famousginni said:
There is no point even if someone uploads it as the loader wont be able to load the sources from the greenp0ision website until its back up. I also think that the Windows version is NOT out yet. I downloaded the mac version and it successfully jailbreak my iPod 2g/3g MC model but I was unable to install Cydia because it could not download the sources from the greenp0ision website. Hopefully its back up soon.
smile.gif
no u can use redsnow and click "install cydia" and then youll have loader and cydia

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, it's just a placeholder file that they put in while they were updating the site. Windows version should come out tomorrow.

-From p0sixninja tweet
"Site issues should be better soon thanks to @iOPK. Windows version should be out tomorrow or the next day"

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anj said:
Yup, it's just a placeholder file that they put in while they were updating the site. Windows version should come out tomorrow.

-From p0sixninja tweet
"Site issues should be better soon thanks to @iOPK. Windows version should be out tomorrow or the next day"

Windows version of Greenpois0n should be out tomorrow, or the next day... or the next day... or the next day... or the next day... or the next day...

smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1