Translation [Release Ver 1.0] J.B. Harold: Blue Chicago Blues (English Translation) [Windows 3.1]

king_of_tennis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

This is a partially complete translation of J.B. Harold: Blue Chicago Blues for the Windows 3.1 platform from Japanese to English. The in-game text options, computer dossier, main menu, loading screens have all been translated. The pop up prompt screens (do you wish to exit, switch discs) and save file information remain in Japanese, these are currently still being worked on - however, I feel that the game is complete enough to fully experience it properly. The original Japanese subtitles have also been completely removed.

3346073-macpc.jpg

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download the file from the provided link. Ensure you have WIN32s, Video for Windows, and SB16 Audio Driver installed on DOSbox or other VM.
2. Install the game by mounting the BCB1.cue file to your DOSbox or other VM, then selecting setup.exe from the file explorer.
3. Once the game has installed, replace the files located in the BCB folder in the install directory with the ones I have provided inside the BCB folder in the .rar file.
4. Enjoy! And mount/unmount discs as the game prompts you to.

Additional notes:
This is an early release of this translation - not final - and additional updates will be made. There may be grammatical errors present or sentences/options that may not fit the context of the game. I am not a native Japanese speaker and relied on playthroughs of the English LaserActive version and other translator tools for translation of this game. I strongly encourage anyone who is interested to fix any errors they may encounter while playing this translation.

Download: -->
*Snip*

Screencaps:

Attachments

• jb3.png
    jb3.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 80
  • jb2.png
    jb2.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 256TITLE.png
    256TITLE.png
    388.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 256COM.png
    256COM.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 73
  • jb4.png
    jb4.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 79
  • PCOM_18.png
    PCOM_18.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by Foxi4,
  • Love
Reactions: ZipMartin

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your file is no longer on Mega due to a copyright violation, which leads me to believe that you tried to distribute the game itself and the translation patch together. You’re not allowed to do that, on here or in other places bound by DMCA. The translation should be a separate entity - the easiest way to achieve that is to create an XOR patch (basically a file that only contains what’s *different* between the original and the translated game), which is how most translations are distributed. Since this is for DOS, you could probably just bundle the translation files together and make it a simple copy-paste affair. So long as you’re only distributing the translation, you’re not running afoul of copyright laws.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your file is no longer on Mega due to a copyright violation, which leads me to believe that you tried to distribute the game itself and the translation patch together. You’re not allowed to do that, on here or in other places bound by DMCA. The translation should be a separate entity - the easiest way to achieve that is to create an XOR patch (basically a file that only contains what’s *different* between the original and the translated game), which is how most translations are distributed. Since this is for DOS, you could probably just bundle the translation files together and make it a simple copy-paste affair. So long as you’re only distributing the translation, you’re not running afoul of copyright laws.
It's still there.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's still there.
Huh? That’s interesting - I checked again and on my end sometimes it shows up while other times it gives me a file removed notice (see below).

C79EFAE1-C4E1-4C2F-BCCE-BFA51F226D6A.jpeg

Maybe it’s on some servers and not on others due to how Mega distributes their files across the network. Either way, I’ve snipped the original post until necessary changes are made, the release needs to be DMCA-compliant to be hosted on our site. People either have to own the game already *or* procure it on their own.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM