Grandia I and II HD headed to the Switch

IMG_0486.JPG

Nintendo's Switch console is starting to be known for receiving a wide variety of ports of older video games. One of which is the recently announced Grandia series. Gung-Ho will be bringing the 90's classic JRPG franchise to the Nintendo Switch by releasing an HD remaster of the first two games in the series. They'll also be putting Grandia I HD on Steam, to go with the already released Grandia II HD. Grandia I released back in 1997, originally for the Sega Saturn, and made its way to the west in 1999 for the PlayStation 1. The collection will be available this winter.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already can play them on pc and my ps2. But it makes me happy to know others can still enjoy my childhood. "Final Fantasy Killer" It had a chance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already can play them on pc and my ps2. But it makes me happy to know others can still enjoy my childhood. "Final Fantasy Killer" It had a chance.

the final fantasy killer(s) are shadow hearts and lost odyssey. far, far superior to newer final fantasies.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this is effn amazing, these are old school gems.
I'm happy for those who are going to be new to these.

seems like the switch is gonna be the king when it comes to playing rpgs on.

Buuuuuuut please, let there be dual audio. The english dub is just atrocious.
fingers crossed for this, i always prefer the jap dub.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see why the game is a cult classic rather than an out and out classic but it is a step I am curious to see the outcome of. I have not played it since the PS1 era and I wonder how well it will play out for the younger people -- will we see a Final Fantasy 3 situation or had things advanced enough to be fairly refined and more recognisable to modern audiences?

Next up I hope we can get Alundra.

the modern audiences need to realize there ware way more games out there then the modern ones.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
why not grandia 1 ,II and III and make it a trilogy? :P
Because Grandia III sucks.

Next up I hope we can get Alundra.
You have my respect for remembering Alundra, such a great game.

There are tons of great JRPG on the PSX.
Just give us the emulator on the Switch and we will handle the rest.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Grandia3 was a two disc game.

Grandia1 is unplayable with too many load screens, hopefully its reconstructed for better hardware and not just a port
doesnt matter match since each ps2 disc was at maximum 4.7 gb dvd on ps3 the ps2 classic grandia 3 was only 8.1gb download and the other games arent that big either grandia 1 and 2 even in hd chouldnt take even 8 gb together.

Last edited by pedro702,

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait what?? Huh, didn't expect that at all, but I wonder if Grandia 1 will be on PC too?

Just hope they apply the fixes they did on the PC side of things.

it's been confirmed grandia 1 hd is coming to pc too. Hopefully the version of grandia 2 hd is the patched up version I heard it was kinda rough around the edges when it first came to pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy