Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
So, I just finished GTA IV yesterday and I've been doing some free roaming and side missions. But damn, it's not even half as much fun as San Andreas or Vice City. They took out like ALL of the fun stuff you could do in SA and Vice and added some slow as fuck driving physics. Sure the plot is pretty cool, but free roaming keeps GTA fresh. It's not there anymore though.

Last night I went a bit on a killing spree with a friend and we got 6 stars, hoping to steal a tank and save it at the parking strip. But tanks don't even show up anymore, just silly army trucks at the max. wanted level.

Where's the jetpack, the cool bikes, the driving you could level up, the weapons you could dual-wield if you trained them good enough, the awesome scenery of SA like the mountains and forests. Where are the great planes, the nice extras you got from collecting hidden packages, Area 51 with the cool army vehicles like the tank and combat chopper? Where's the parachutes? Where's your gang members you could roll and kill with? Hell, I don't even see any of the cool weapons, like the chainsaw, the flamethrower, the mini gun, the satchel charges. The awesome cheats? I don't see the sweet arena races, motor races etc.
Can't do the vehicle missions either, like Vigilante or the Ambulance and Firefighter missions.

You don't even get anything cool for collecting the hidden packages (pidgeons in here) lol. Just a silly combat chopper that shoots rockets and a machine gun which you can use to further explore the ever repeating Liberty City with :/

GTA IV blows
hate2.gif

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
GN-001 Exia said:
Failed post of the year

Great arguments
rolleyes.gif
. I still stand by my opinion. There's been so much hype and mostly everyone thinks it's the best thing ever, while in reality it's just a GTA that's been stripped from all the extras, from all the good shit for free roaming.

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Haha, looking for attention? I don't need attention, I rarely post. I'm just checking to see if other people are disappointed as much as me. Did you even read my post talking about all the stuff that's missing? Or are you new to GTA? All I can tell is that you're a silly fanboy ;\

GN-001 Exia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am clearly a GTA fanboy based on posts such as "failed post of they year" "^ exactly what it is idiot. YOUR OPINION!" and "a counter argument based on an idiot user looking for attention? oh crap I just gave you attention.

Fission Mailed" LoaL. I give up you are clearly an idiot. get the hint retard

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Story line alone makes this way better than any other GTA game.

I haven't done much free roaming but have you gotten the one man army achievement?

Have you gone to the comedy club?

Have you picked up hookers and gotten all the services?
wink.gif

And yeah there is a tank. Atleast in the PS3 version:

While playing press Up, Down, Left, Right, Circle, Circle, Left, Right.

Also go to tw@ and type in

www.area53site.com

or

www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com

or

www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com

-and to get gang members to "roll with you" become friends with dwayne then

Special ability: Unlocked at 60%. Call Dwayne for a car full of gang members that will follow you.

You can get going extremely fast while driving too, it's just realistic driving physics is all.

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Bob Loblaw said:
Story line alone makes this way better than any other GTA game.

I haven't done much free roaming but have you gotten the one man army achievement?

Have you gone to the comedy club?

Have you picked up hookers and gotten all the services?
wink.gif

And yeah there is a tank. Atleast in the PS3 version:

While playing press Up, Down, Left, Right, Circle, Circle, Left, Right.

Also go to tw@ and type in

www.area53site.com

or

www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com

or

www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com

-and to get gang members to "roll with you" become friends with dwayne then

Special ability: Unlocked at 60%. Call Dwayne for a car full of gang members that will follow you.

You can get going extremely fast while driving too, it's just realistic driving physics is all.

Finally a decent post, thanks for this
biggrin.gif
. Sadly, I've done everything on that list already, story is complete, and I'm just about finished with all the side missions. Just gotta finish up the stunt jumps and shooting the pidgeons. I know about Dwayne, but I killed him
tongue.gif
. You can go very fast yeah, but just compare the driving to the previous GTA games; I just wanna speed through everything, brake a little to take a 90° corner and then blast off again. I know the plot is awesome, and I bet that's why most people don't understand someone who's flaming the game; I'm just saying it doesn't have half as much replay value now, there's not a lot you can do once the story mode has been completed. Nothing of the crazy stuff I've loved in the past GTA's :/

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks to be you, maybe you should learn to pace yourself a bit instead of wolfing the whole game down as fast as possible.

Also, Nico makes this game. All the other main characters suck in comparison.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am kinda missing the ambulence, police and taxi missions.... but yeah story mode will keep me occupied for at least 40 more hours at my current rate of completion =D
and online play is just awesome beyond belief. i think the online play makes up for the other elements lacking!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them