Gaming Grand Theft Auto IV

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'd say the game is pretty good..... but its not perfect. I think its probably one of the best games ever at the moment... but thats only at the moment.

It also depends what you define as "fun". These days, fun in terms of a console game is usually realistic graphics, broad game play, etc etc where some people are still going to think the pixel graphics and only a few straight forward levels of mario will never be beaten for instance.

No-Lifer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Little said:
I am kinda missing the ambulence, police and taxi missions.... but yeah story mode will keep me occupied for at least 40 more hours at my current rate of completion =D
and online play is just awesome beyond belief. i think the online play makes up for the other elements lacking!!

Yes you have police missions, just steal a police car and get into the computer and go to recent crimes, if there aren't any crimes, you should head for another area, do the same thing and sometimes there will be some crimes. try it out
happy.gif

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Costello said:
GTA IV => all-time best rated game...
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/s....asp?rankings=y

is it really that good?

Damn shame it isn't
frown.gif
. Most people are still playing through the main game, so of course they will be like "Wow, Bitbyte's mad!" but once they've finished it, and if they were big fans of the biggest GTA games thus far (Vice and SA) they'll notice it's missing a lot (a lot!) of the crazy shit those games had. Free roaming is boring as hell now. In the other GTA's I always wanted to get 100% for the infinite ammo and other cool stuff like the Hydra or henchmen. Now you can't even mess around with the army 'cause it simply isn't there, only the army trucks lol. I really have no intent to get a 100% on this one.

All GTA IV really did was remember me how over the top awesome Vice City and San Andreas were. At the very least I'll still get some replayability from the online mode I suppose.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
I am kinda missing the ambulence, police and taxi missions.... but yeah story mode will keep me occupied for at least 40 more hours at my current rate of completion =D
and online play is just awesome beyond belief. i think the online play makes up for the other elements lacking!!
For police missions, get in a black&white and press RB
As for taxi missions just call Roman under "Job"

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa, that's quite surprising, Metroid Prime is 7th best game of all time! It was a good game, not sure it was quite that good though. As for Tekken 3, WTF is that doing on there. PC Orange Box should obviously come before X360 Orange Box, mainly because you don't have to pay for online, and you can get all the updates for the maps and such.

I'm one of those waiting for the PC version of GTA IV to be announced (if it doesn't get announced, I'm officially hanging myself).
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
Hardcore gaming site reviews, nothing to see there...
Wha!?
Surely reviews from these sites are generally reliable!

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just completed GTA IV and while it was awesome, I was hoping for some truly amazing missions and crazy weapons, like the mission in GTA SA where you ride into the back of a moving airplane, or when you and a bunch of triads are parachuting into an enemies house. I realise GTA IV is meant to be different from the previous GTAs and more realistic, but I really do miss all the fun bits from the previous games. GTA IV was amazing but they seemed to have traded fun for realism.

I kept playing the samey missions hoping to be rewarded with some of those 'wow' missions where you do really cool things, the kind of missions that stick in your mind, like those mentioned above, but all my plodding through the 'filler' missions just led me to the end of the game?! I'm a bit disappointed really. I do love the graphics and the realistic physics, all the new additions like TV, the internet, the comedy club etc, I just wish there were more cool moments!

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is actually pretty good. My one requirement for this though would boe to play this on an HDTV - I switched over from a regular TV for a while to my computer to my monitor, and the difference is astonishing.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is everyone using for settings?

I've been messing with the in-game contrast and and brightness but there is no bar like CoD4 and bioshock and dark sector have that shows how bright to make it, like with a grey box with text or something.

At night it just gets too dark sometimes. It's driving me nuts. If I turn the brightness up then at day it's too bright. I can't find a happy medium.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have this game and think it is really good. I think it is simply more of the same GTA, with less non realistic attributes, more realistic graphics, physics, peds and characters and more detail in the city. I am playing San Andreas on the PC at the moment and am finding I enjoy this a lot more though.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i'm slightly disappointed in this game compared to gta SA imo i think that should be the best gta game in the series not this one, i miss those fighter jets with the rockets, various weapons that bring fun into the game and the loads of cheats that have been in the previous games.

i'm trying to complete the game 100% right now but finding 200 tiny small microscopic pigeons is getting very tedious and all you get as a reward is a rocket helicopter
frown.gif

the car handling takes a lot to get used to but after a while it becomes OK only good thing about the cars in this game is that they don't blow up as fast as they used to in the previous gta games.

oh and the fact that this game don't display in 1080i on the ps3 is way annoying.
frown.gif

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick question, i havent beat GTA4 yet, but people say it doesnt deserve the best game of all time and one reason is because after the main story (35+ hours) theres not enough to do, but Ocarina of time used to be the best game of all time, and once i beat that there was barely anything to do either . . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1