Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Coming to PSP

manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars, the highest rated video game in the history of the DS, is coming to the Playstation Portable, Take-Two Interactive announced this morning. "We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSPgo," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series."

Despite record review scores, Chinatown Wars sold just 89,000 copies on the DS in it's first month on shelves, leading some to wonder if the DS was a good platform for mature gaming.

It will be interesting to see how Chinatown Wars sales compare on the PSP when it hits in North America and Europe this fall. It could prove that piracy, not maturity, was the real culprit in those sales after all.

"Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms," said Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America. "We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."

The game will be available as both a digital download on the Playstation Network and on UMD.

Source:Kotaku

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here we go again.

It will still be a piracy problem but on a medium sized scale but with people getting the PSP Go, there will be more copies sold.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd expected it to be released on mobiles before PSP.

I didn't think it was that great to be honest, kinda limited.

manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
i fixed it
smile.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the graphic style and gameplay that was unique to the DS made the game seem fresh. I loved it. Now porting it to the PSP? Yes, better graphics but now its gonna be just another GTA game. They gonna have to cut out all the touchscreen elements in the game to make it work. Making molotovs, hotwiring cars......that stuff added to the experience for me.

I'm still gonna get it regardless though lol
yaypsp.gif

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Not too bad. I really liked the Chinatown Wars. I just hope they add some new stuff to the PSP version. Dont mind playing it again.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
QUOTE said:
wow i never except to be on psp with great 3D graphics

Where does it say anything about them redoing the graphics? Chances are it'll be a straight port but with the touch screen parts removed.

If it's a straight port, then this game will be disappointing.

PSP is known for it's GTA's to be full 3D.

If they don't try and make the game of what the PSP is capable of doing, such as graphics and processing skills, then this game will be fail.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Law said:
QUOTE said:
wow i never except to be on psp with great 3D graphics

Where does it say anything about them redoing the graphics? Chances are it'll be a straight port but with the touch screen parts removed.

If it's a straight port, then this game will be disappointing.

PSP is known for it's GTA's to be full 3D.

If they don't try and make the game of what the PSP is capable of doing, such as graphics and processor, then this game will be fail.

If there are no details about the graphics being redone, or it being remade in the Stories engine then chances are it'll be a straight up port with the touch screen minigames removed/simplified into button minigames. I guess the only option is to wait a few weeks for more information to be released.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CW will always remain one of my all-time favorite DS games, and I'm glad they had the balls to make it. That said, R* should have known better. The sales didn't surprise me one bit, and they'll likely have much greater success with it on PSP. Paying Sony customers are desperate for quality games to play on that system, and CW should make a much better fit with respect to returns.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
CW will always remain one of my all-time favorite DS games, and I'm glad they had the balls to make it. That said, R* should have known better. The sales didn't surprise me one bit, and they'll likely have much greater success with it on PSP. Paying Sony customers are desperate for quality games to play on that system, and CW should make a much better fit with respect to returns.

Really? I'm not. I've got myself enough decent quality games to last me a while tbh.

Although then again I'm not a "paying" customer.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
If they add voice acting or even animate the cut scenes, I might get it just for that. But seriously, this game was awesome on DS - true, at first it felt crippled, but after a few hours, it sunk in and I really enjoyed it.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it a complete waste of time. The game is absolutely brilliant on the DS, but the charm comes from the cell-shaded graphics and touchscreen minigames. I just hope they at least keep the same viewpoint and style, rather than going for a full 3D game like Liberty City Stories. I won't buy it, regardless. I bought this for my DS, so why would I buy it a second time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls