CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The DS version is great.. hopefully this will compensate the low sales.

But one of the big reasons for the low sales IMO is the camera, GTA only became big after GTA3, so I don't think this will be more successful on the PSP.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
manaphy4ever said:
The game will be available as both a digital download on the Playstation Network and on UMD.

i think that, that statement says that there will be a lot of download only games in the future

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Lubbo said:
manaphy4ever said:
The game will be available as both a digital download on the Playstation Network and on UMD.

i think that, that statement says that there will be a lot of download only games in the future

I doubt it, if that was true then Sony would be losing sales to people who don't have internet/have slow and limited internet.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How can you put a DS exclusive onto a PSP...
The great things about CtW was it's unique controls and usage of the touchscreen. Now how are you going to pull that off on a PSP? It's going to be worse...

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
manaphy4ever said:
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars, the highest rated video game in the history of the DS
I'm sorry, highest rated? Umm forgot that your competing with games such as Pokemon D/P/P which is probably owned by every DS owner in the world.

Rockstar has two options. Remake the game into full 3D.
Or add more cities, missions, and more with DS graphics because they can with the extra memory space

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Charmandersrule said:
manaphy4ever said:
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars, the highest rated video game in the history of the DS

Where did they get that lie?!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

sa1amandra said:
QUOTE(manaphy4ever @ Jun 22 2009, 04:46 PM)
I'm sorry, highest rated? Umm forgot that your competing with games such as Pokemon D/P/P which is probably owned by every DS owner in the world.
Highest rated doesn't mean best sold.

Now, I believe taht this game sold so badly because it was a top-down game. If it'll be top-down on PSP too, then it won't sell either.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i would actually doubt if they could make it super better than the ds though i really left the ds one due to the graphics though i hardly care about graphics but tht affected the entire gta game (Drving,shooting movemnt in general...no helis)
i expect the psp to be better no doubt but now not only 1000 and 2000 but 3000 series owners are waiting

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
manaphy4ever said:
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars, the highest rated video game in the history of the DS, is coming to the Playstation Portable, Take-Two Interactive announced this morning. "We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSPgo," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series."

Despite record review scores, Chinatown Wars sold just 89,000 copies on the DS in it's first month on shelves, leading some to wonder if the DS was a good platform for mature gaming.

It will be interesting to see how Chinatown Wars sales compare on the PSP when it hits in North America and Europe this fall. It could prove that piracy, not maturity, was the real culprit in those sales after all.

Source:Kotaku

Because the PSP has no piracy at all, right Kotaku?
rolleyes.gif

I wonder how well this port will work. I, for one, liked the touchscreen parts of Chinatown Wars.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
JDandy said:
manaphy4ever said:
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars, the highest rated video game in the history of the DS, is coming to the Playstation Portable, Take-Two Interactive announced this morning. "We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSPgo," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series."

Despite record review scores, Chinatown Wars sold just 89,000 copies on the DS in it's first month on shelves, leading some to wonder if the DS was a good platform for mature gaming.

It will be interesting to see how Chinatown Wars sales compare on the PSP when it hits in North America and Europe this fall. It could prove that piracy, not maturity, was the real culprit in those sales after all.

Source:Kotaku

Because the PSP has no piracy at all, right Kotaku?
rolleyes.gif

I wonder how well this port will work. I, for one, liked the touchscreen parts of Chinatown Wars.

No, it may mean that the piracy is as bad. So the sales will be as bad. When people claim the PSP has a more mature audience.

I personally think that GTA CW on PSP will be different and not as good as it was made to be.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Domination said:
No, it may mean that the piracy is as bad. So the sales will be as bad. When people claim the PSP has a more mature audience.

I personally think that GTA CW on PSP will be different and not as good as it was made to be.

Piracy aside (since both platforms obviously have it and trying to figure out which side has more l337 pirates being pointless) I really doubt this will sell at all on the PSP. PSP users are really fond of 3D games**, and I doubt there's a fanbase for top-down GTA games*.

I just don't see it selling better than the DS version, piracy or not. Which is a shame, since it was a great game***.

*Fun fact; I like top-down GTA better than third person 3D GTA.
**This of course, being a rock solid fact backed by both science and the church.
***Grew up playing GTA2**** multiplayer with his friends, tainted with nostalgia.
****Fucking hates GTA2.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's a straight port with no modifications aside from the touch screen functions being removed, it will bomb hard because other GTA games on the PSP have scored higher with 3D graphics and whatnot. However, it looks like this is going to be a downloadable only game which could turn out to harm the sales more then help it. If it isn't on UMD, it won't sell as well. I bought and downloaded the game for the DS, so I don't feel bad about pirating it because I know I contributed to the sales but it's not my fault that Nintendo made DS games to cater towards the elderly and soccer moms, so less hardcore players own one. I can't see them remaking Chinatown Wars into a full 3D game by the fall, it takes far more then 4 or 5 months to do it and the game didn't come out that long ago for the DS. There goes our only good exclusive.

Yay 400!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: