PS1/2 Gran Turismo 3 and 4, with 'other' steering wheels

Toodleoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A kind soul just gave me a PS2 steering wheel. It's a Logic 3 Topdrive Sprinter (model no. PS436) and it plugs into the controller port (not USB).

The box suggests fully analog control of steering and pedals, as you'd hope, but I've been trying it out on Gran Turismo 3 and it doesn't seem that way. You get a bit of a dead zone and then pretty much straight to full steering lock, no matter how sensitively you steer. Once or twice, I thought maybe I'd managed to achieve gradual steering, but it's so hard to reproduce I wonder if I imagined it. The buttons and pedals do work but everything seems all-or-nothing.

Anyway, having a look at info about GT3, I get the impression the game is only compatible with certain specific steering wheels, and not the one I've got. Can anyone confirm if this is true or if any other wheels have worked well with it?

I was thinking of buying a copy of GT4 to enjoy with the wheel since I never played that game back in the day, but if the wheel isn't compatible maybe that wouldn't be such a good plan... Guess I could play it with a normal DS2 controller, I'm sure that would still be fun.

Any advice appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.