Gaming Gotta go fast (in Castlevania-type games).

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to do more avoiding of fights instead of repeating rooms to grind for EXP.

I want to learn a different style of playing. I need alternative strategies to compensate for being low level. I am willing to create wealth by buying items and upgrading or transforming them and selling them for profit to buy items and equipment I can use, to employ tactics to make myself difficult or impossible for enemies to hit and use items against my enemy's weaknesses to compensate for my character's low stat points and/or lack of item/equipment farming.

I don't want to rely on excessive use of outside information like game guides to know what to do in each specific game. I don't want to use glitches like speedrunners do - I don't want to do anything that outright breaks the game. I also don't want to get stuck in a deathtrap - the goal is to change my style, but not to outright avoid all fights and be a complete weakling. I will still fight and play the game as it was designed to be played, but I don't want to grind, and would like to be able to avoid fights when I don't feel like fighting.

Those who usually play in this style, what are the general strategies you use in any game with RPG elements? Can you explain what your mindset is, while trying to find what works and avoid pitfalls? How do you scope out opportunities and dangers?

tumblr_md3addNfeH1ryzyswo1_500.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Those who usually play in this style, what are the general strategies you use in any game with RPG elements? Can you explain what your mindset is, while trying to find what works and avoid pitfalls?
lol@picture

In my case, the general rule of thumb was always "create a character with stats that'll allow maximum performance in all fields (calcs, yay!) and then specialize them in one narrow field to the max" and the "specified field" varied depending on the character I was role playing... Okay, it was usually a thief, FINE! Stealing is so much easier than making money, jeez! :angry: (:P)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
watch glitch-less speedrun of the games

there are many tricks to learn on going fast when playing them with out using glitches
see how they attack and move
like knowing how and where to damage boost right (it not a glitch it a trick)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn