trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Much better, FX-43xx is much better than FX-41xx. Bulldozer/Zambezi has a lot of problems, and Piledriver/Vishera (2nd gen Bulldozer) improved on it quite a bit. Piledriver/Vishera has competitive raw performance against Intel Sandy Bridge at respective price point (ie: FX 8 cores vs i5 4 cores, FX 6/4 cores vs i3 2 cores).

You will not however, being able to run 1080p at max with those setups. Both AMD FX processor (regardless of which one you bought) and GTX 650 Ti will prevent it from happening (the best you can get is high settings w/ full 60 fps).

To get max settings w/60 fps on 1080p, it will only happen with Intel Core i5 with GTX 660 or HD7870 above.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1693236/amd-fx4130-good.html

im getting conflicting reports im just going to stick with what I have
Unfortunately, 8350rocks and dirtyferret are not telling the truth. For the game (Starcraft 2) you about to play,

StarCraft2.png

FX-4130 is 400 MHz slower than FX-4170 (which itself is slower than Phenom II), so there you have it. Also when someone said you can play BF3 Ultra, he or she meant single player. On multiplayer mode that is not a possibility.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you'll be fine, don't worry

that cpu won't bottleneck the 650 Ti and you will get much better performance than the benchmark above

but you could - should - OC

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im soo confused
Here is my thinking. I consider CPU to be a long term investment. A good CPU lasts longer, slower CPU on the other hand does not. Unlike GPU when you replace CPU you also likely need to replace the motherboard as well.

Sure some might argue that fps difference is not huge, but keep in mind this is for current game. The gap will slowly widening for future game.

I do agree with what dirtyferrethave said about overclocking. It certainly is one way to bring out more performance, if you don't mind taking the time to do overclocking.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here is my thinking. I consider CPU to be a long term investment. A good CPU lasts longer, slower CPU on the other hand does not. Unlike GPU when you replace CPU you also likely need to replace the motherboard as well.

Sure some might argue that fps difference is not huge, but keep in mind this is for current game. The gap will slowly widening for future game.

I do agree with what dirtyferrethave said about overclocking. It certainly is one way to bring out more performance, if you don't mind taking the time to do overclocking.

he bought it for SC2, so when the next SC games comes out, he can change the CPU again (?)

BMinkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game I play aren't going to be graphic intense

Starcraft 2
shadowrun returns
Team fortress
maybe elder scrolls when that comes out
skyrim
deus ex
bioshock infinite

I should be able to play this on high to ultra on 1080p right?

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Skyrim and Bioshock infinite, I don't think so.

At least not at more than 30 something FPS.

if you disable AA, tesselation and SSAO, maybe you can achieve 60fps.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
for the moment, my old rig from 2009

i5 750 @ 4ghz
4gb ram (8gb soon)
7800 GT (sold my 5850 and I'm using this momentarily until the GTX 760 arrives)

when steamroller hits the market, maybe i'll upgrade the cpu

seeing how haswell was a total dissapointment, I'm in no rush

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free