Gaming Got my PS5 (finally) 2 days ago

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine a week ago aftger reserved for 4 long waiting months! Test Ratched and Clank PS4 on it and it was great. And my PS5 is showing 825GB no problem. Look at my signature below. And I am happy!
You actually have only about 500+ GB available to install games and it is likely to run out very fast. Some PS4 games are so big you can't even have 5 of them on.

I have gone all digital in the later part of PS4. Some games download fairly fast but some are very slow. For the fast ones swapping them out is fairly painless still it isn't nice to need to do that just days after getting my PS5.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually have only about 500+ GB available to install games and it is likely to run out very fast. Some PS4 games are so big you can't even have 5 of them on.

I have gone all digital in the later part of PS4. Some games download fairly fast but some are very slow. For the fast ones swapping them out is fairly painless still it isn't nice to need to do that just days after getting my PS5.

Really ? I check how many left in my PS5 and it is showing 825 GB available unless I am missing something ?

I dont plan to store ps4 games on it thought. Only External Hard Drive one day. I am focus my PS4 games on my PS4 for now. I just test one of them on PS5 and it works great and thats all. I wont store more ps4 games on PS5 at all.

Therefore, if I have to then I can only play one or two games on it then delete them since I have PS4 games on my External Hard Drive anyway. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really ? I check how many left in my PS5 and it is showing 825 GB available unless I am missing something ?

I dont plan to store ps4 games on it thought. Only External Hard Drive one day. I am focus my PS4 games on my PS4 for now. I just test one of them on PS5 and it works great and thats all. I wont store more ps4 games on PS5 at all.

Therefore, if I have to then I can only play one or two games on it then delete them since I have PS4 games on my External Hard Drive anyway. :)
825 is only on the box. The screen shows 667G and there is this others which is 102G so there is only about 550-560 G for games. PS4 games loads faster on the internal storage. I am not moving my PS4 external storage and not buying a new one to store PS4 games on PS5. I like the faster load time, an advantage of running it on PS5 internal storage. Some PS4 games still takes a while to load though. Now it is at least on par with PC as far as loading speed is concern.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
825 is only on the box. The screen shows 667G and there is this others which is 102G so there is only about 550-560 G for games. PS4 games loads faster on the internal storage. I am not moving my PS4 external storage and not buying a new one to store PS4 games on PS5. I like the faster load time, an advantage of running it on PS5 internal storage. Some PS4 games still takes a while to load though. Now it is at least on par with PC as far as loading speed is concern.

That's cool. One day, I am transferring them to SSD portable since external hard drive was noise and annoying even on tha table it virbated when i felt it. UGH!

Once I got SSD portables fthen I will use those on SSD portable. And I will sell those external hard drive after erased and reformat them to be an empty. I took great care of those several external hard drive and in great condition. That's why I am very responsible for those technology things. :)

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool. One day, I am transferring them to SSD portable since external hard drive was noise and annoying even on tha table it virbated when i felt it. UGH!

Once I got SSD portables fthen I will use those on SSD portable. And I will sell those external hard drive after erased and reformat them to be an empty.
If I am not wrong external SSD is not supported for PS5 games. You have to by a compatible MVMe drive when that becomes available. There is a MVMe slot inside but current firmware don't support anything yet.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but 30fps doesnt bother me at all.

Just saying a PS4 game with no PS5 patch for graphics OR framerate improvements was an odd choice for saying the PS5 works great. If that makes sense. Seems more appropriate to say something like "I tried the Demons Souls remake and it worked great!!!" or "I tried God of War with the PS5 update and it works great!!!" ;)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you found stock of it?, i want to buy one.

You won't find one.. Very minimum one if you are very fortunately. Almost impossible. You will have to ask your local or online if they can reserve one for you.

I did last November when it was first released and they reserved one for me and I waited for 4 months!! I finally got one few weeks ago.

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You won't find one.. Very minimum one if you are very fortunately. Almost impossible. You will have to ask your local or online if they can reserve one for you.

I did last November when it was first released and they reserved one for me and I waited for 4 months!! I finally got one few weeks ago.
I really wish more ppl, especially OUR developers here on gbatemp had a console. I updated to download my ps4 games and seen your sig and now im kickin myself in the ass lol.
There just isn't enough support and help/info for the PS5 here.
Although since most console will have been updated anyways after each console drop we should be okay right?

Reactions: spotanjo3

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but 30fps doesnt bother me at all.

60fps patch for the game was released yesterday. I get what you're saying about 30fps not "bothering" you, but I also feel that like me, 30fps is only NOT bothersome when there's zero other option to play higher than that. But after playing R&C 2002 in 60fps.... 30fps absolutely DOES bother me. Are you going to just not update it and continue playing at 30fps? ;)

where did you found stock of it?, i want to buy one.

You need to follow the PS5 Restock/PS5 Drop accounts on Twitter & set up notifications to alert you when there's stock, and also be signed in and ready to checkout the moment you get an alert. That's how the majority of people, including myself, are getting them at retail price.

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
60fps patch for the game was released yesterday. I get what you're saying about 30fps not "bothering" you, but I also feel that like me, 30fps is only NOT bothersome when there's zero other option to play higher than that. But after playing R&C 2002 in 60fps.... 30fps absolutely DOES bother me. Are you going to just not update it and continue playing at 30fps? ;)

You need to follow the PS5 Restock/PS5 Drop accounts on Twitter & set up notifications to alert you when there's stock, and also be signed in and ready to checkout the moment you get an alert. That's how the majority of people, including myself, are getting them at retail price.
Yup,that's how I got mine.

doris602

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oye,
Tengo una pregunta: ¿hay alguna posibilidad de que pueda usar el controlador de la PS4 y conectarlo a mi nueva PS5?

Lo gané hace 2 días y obtuve solo un controlador, ¡pero me gustaría jugar UFC con mis amigos!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-