Got my Gateway - Don't know where to start

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Swing, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    SO I have my gateway, and I realized that I should have spent hours backing up my games or DLing them beforehand. I haven't put the cartridge in yet and don't know how I'm going to get Bravely Default, a 4 GB game onto my 8 GB kingston micro SD using a 2 GB stock SD card that came with my 3DS. Can I just skip use thing SD card as a middle-man and use my micro SD reader to store the game?

My tweaker sister stole Princess Code (along with a few others) which I figured was small enough to put on the card and try out but I can't find anywhere to DL it. In this case it isn't piracy or a backup but a game I want to get back.

Does anybody know a good game that's low on GBs that's a good start for using my gateway?

Also Bravely Default is a .3ds file not a .cia file, is there a way I can change it on my computer instead of doing it through my gateway 3ds?

2. Runehasa

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Start by reading the instructions that came in the zip file that you need to download from the gateway site. After that there are plenty of guides floating around on here.

2Hack likes this.
  3. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    the maxconsole guide by SONYUSA is really helpful.

4. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

This is where you start.

5. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    format the micro SD card with SD Formatter.

6. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    its not too complicated...that picture above explains it all but a quick list:

1. install the DS mode exploit
    2. launch Gateway loader through Nintendo DS Profile in settings
    3. Format emunand (if you want emunand)
    4. Profit.

Roms go on the root of the microSD card. Once in emunand, press select to access.