Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
Masterpaul said:
I dont think 3ds lite will be just an redesign, i think there gonna add something else. E.g mega-pixels and flash in the camera... Attract photographers... Also depending on the sales of xperia compared to 3ds they might add a mobile phone revision.

Most of that is a doubt it, especially the last one .
tongue.gif
The last one is more like a not.

Nintendo already said they're not interested in mobile phone gaming.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
OP, I think the employees thought you had, you know, a problem with your 3DS. They replaced it with another one that didn't have a problem.

u mad?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
To everybody screaming "I WANT THE LITE VERSION, IT'LL BE BETTER," there won't be a lite version. The Original DS was released without much thought into a redesign. It was more about getting everything there and working. All the improvements brought by the lite such as the varying light levels and more compact design, have already been implemented in the 3DS.

That machine is as small as it gets unless you want them to yank out the 3D technology, cameras, pedometer, etc. Believe it or not, Nintendo spent time trying to design this as well as possible. There aren't nearly as many improvements to be made as people think.

The hinge is supposed to wobble. A hinge that is too tight just gives you a DSlite situation, where the hinge may break just because you decided to open and close it too many times. To all those that scream "Well MINE didn't break," congrats. Your DSlite is one of maybe a few hundred that didn't have to get replaced at some point during their life time for reasons that many of the times, weren't the fault of the user.

The core problems I've really heard are that the buttons under the touch screen may lose sensitivity, and the bottom screen can put marks on, and potentially scratch the top screen. The last one especially should have really been looked for, but some care can keep that from becoming a deal breaking problem. This is just the hardware problems of course, and the software problem should be rectified late May. The game situation should be substantially better by the end of August.

The hinge making a loud snap though doesn't seem right. A light snap to indicate it locking in place is always natural, but if it is extra audible, it would be good to watch out.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with the 3DS if you take care of the fucking thing. The 3DS is FAR from a disaster. The ONLY reason it's not selling as well as Nintendo wanted is because it's expensive.

Finally. The shit is breaking because people are careless.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
salamai said:
shinkukage09 said:
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with the 3DS if you take care of the fucking thing. The 3DS is FAR from a disaster. The ONLY reason it's not selling as well as Nintendo wanted is because it's expensive.

Well, no. The touch screen scratching the top is a major design flaw.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
salamai said:
shinkukage09 said:

I wouldn't say that. The design could have been improved, but you only get bad marks if you treat it like crap.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
awssk8er said:
8BitWalugi said:
salamai said:
shinkukage09 said:

I wouldn't say that. The design could have been improved, but you only get bad marks if you treat it like crap.
If a device can't stand being used normally, then I'd say it's a flaw.

Not everyone is OCD enough to stuff a cloth between the screens from day 1.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
Dangy said:
It's official. I'm waiting for the 3DS Lite.

3DS Lite ? Man, the 3DS is already too small for my hands !

haha Ultimately right!

@OP If I were you I would ignore that loose hinge problem. As long as the system plays great everything is ok.

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lube_Skyballer said:
These kind of topics really pisses me off! >:i

A LOUD SNAP AND A SLIGHT WOBBLE IS PERFECTLY NORMAL FFS! ITS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY

Why can't people understand that. As said many times, the 3DS' hinge slightly wobbles to prevent broken hinges. Nintendo can't just make perfectly tight top screen, they'd all snap off in an instant.

I just don't understand why people get really annoyed with the wobble. Maybe I'm one of the few who doesn't shake his 3DS whole the time.

Mark my words. With the release of Ocarina Of Time 3D this issue will be totally forgotten

Well said. My 3DS hinge wobbles slightly when I move it around but it never causes me a problem during gameplay. However I'm pretty sure a small percentage of 3DS have much looser hinges and clicks to the fully extended position during gameplay. Mine clicks and stays in place, I can snap it to fully extended with force but I know someone who's is really loose. I think it's only small percentage and a lot of people have perfectly good hinges yet have got confused with reading about people with real issues and think just because they have a slight wobble theirs must be broken.

Also, good luck to the people waiting for a "lite" or "XL" version, it'll be years if that even happens as there's nothing wrong with the 3DS, it's very small and compact (no need for "lite"), and yet has a big screen too (no need for "XL").

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
The design is flawed, no doubt. Waiting for a "lite" is so stupid though. That'll be ages. Just buy a 3DS, take good care of it and when the lite finally comes out just sell it for as much as you can and if the design really bothers you, paying a bit more after already getting to use a 3DS for so long isn't going to bother you that much.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no 3ds lite, the maker said we gave it all we got, plus for the tech. this thing has, it's already thin.
maybe XL but that too has hinge problems too. the only cure for this is a 1 screen hand held or a gun.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Masterpaul said:
It was made wobbly on purpose, to limit strain on the hinge. Some minimal wobbliness is normal but nothing over the top though.
DS lite cracked because it had too much strain on the hinge.
AMEN, people need to realise that and stfu about wobblyness. You moron are total retard.

Pip'

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hksrb25s14 said:
there is no 3ds lite, the maker said we gave it all we got, plus for the tech. this thing has, it's already thin.
maybe XL but that too has hinge problems too. the only cure for this is a 1 screen hand held or a gun.

A total of 7 worked on the design... of-course they gave it all they had. But they definitely will find more ways to improve it.

Lite Improvements (These I think are the given):

:: compressing the 3ds motherboard
:: Less power hungry components
:: More space for battery and better battery
:: A Slimmer Design (Portable becomes more thin, and smaller vertically)
:: Better and more power efficient 3D screens, with better viewing angles.

Less likely stuff
:: More on-board storage

Even way less like likely stuff:
:: 3GS Internet

Impossibly un-likely:
:: it becomes an mobile

They can definitely improve it, the question however is when?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, very old news, there wont be a lite version. And my screen is not scratched from the bottom screen, it just leaves little grease marks. Someone needs to take better care of the system, maybe a little less pressure?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL