Got hardbricked. Solutions?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ferdu, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Ferdu
    OP

Ferdu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Somewhere
    Tried to install CFW on 11.2 using the downgrade method, but forgot to make a NAND backup to revert to. (i know, im an idiot.)

So, now my 3DS was at v2.1, with pretty much 75% of all my data being unsupported. (apps, themes, etc.)

I thought there was no road to turn except just start over, so I formatted my SD, and then did a system format.

Then, when the format was finished and I tried to boot on the system, the blue light appears for 1 second, then fades off.

I have tried everything, all "recovery mode" methods and such, but nothing seems to work.

Is there any way out? Or should I ship it to somebody? (or Nintendo)

Please don't call me an idiot/dumbass/etc. I'm new to this stuff. All I want is my 3DS to successfully boot. I have learned my lesson.

2. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    The blue light turning off implies you have A9LH installed, but no arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card (or NAND).

System Format was a real dumb idea, your system is still on 2.1.0. I'd call you an idiot for not making sure to have a NAND backup, but you've covered that.

Here's what you do, after restoring the files for Luma: https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    e: GBATemp, plz.

Last edited by squall14716, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Ferdu
    OP

Ferdu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Somewhere
    Thanks for the reply, i'll get back to you once I try this out. (Which will, most likely, be tomorrow.)

I will make sure to be more careful next time.

5. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    That would work only IF he already installed a9lh. If not, I believe not even a hardmod can fix that.

6. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    He has. Luckily for him that A9lh is so advanced. He just needs decrypt9 and 9.2 ctrnandtransfer. He can be lucky that he hasn't installed arm9loaderhax in February like I did (in February arm9loaderhax was for pro users only. It was a true masterrace.)

Last edited by einhuman197, Jan 9, 2017
    XRaTiX, Hyoretsu and proflayton123 like this.
  7. Ferdu
    OP

Ferdu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Somewhere
    Trying squall's method right now, will reply once i'm finished.

Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

8. Ferdu
    OP

Ferdu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Somewhere
    I'm halfway through the tutorial. So far, so good.

:yay3ds:

9. Ferdu
    OP

Ferdu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Somewhere
    It worked!

Although I hit a few bumps in the road, I found ways to get around them.

I made sure to make several copies of the NAND this time.

My 3DS is now running unbricked on v11.2-35U, plus, Health+Safety has been overwritten with FBI.
    Now I just need to get all of my apps/themes back, which shouldn't be too difficult, because I have backups of those.

You just saved me 200 bucks, squall. Feel proud.

And thanks for everyone who gave feedback as well!

Cheers,
    Ferdu

:grog::toot::yay3ds: