Hacking Got gateway. SD content after emunand format question.

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

Okay. I got a nice new gateway from the lovely guys at playmods.co.uk (took about 7 days to arrive from cyprus to the UK! and I paid £47 in the end.)

I have an old XL, which has all my content. I've backed its SD up to pc etc. Formatted for emunand, and its currently sitting in emunand form on the settings screen, ready to transfer to my new 3DS. Again. sitting in emunand in sleep mode in the settings screen.

My old XL does not have anything copied back to its SD card... ie... all my files... downloads... ambassador stuff. Should I do this? and is it as simple as just powering down the XL, pulling the sd out, and copying stuff back... then performing the browser hack and back into emunand again?

Seriously don't wanna mess this up. :) Just want my new 3ds, with all the same content as my old one had. :)

(I know the gba emunand stuff doesn't work yet. that's a bummer, that!)

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

Okay. I got a nice new gateway from the lovely guys at playmods.co.uk (took about 7 days to arrive from cyprus to the UK! and I paid £47 in the end.)

I have an old XL, which has all my content. I've backed its SD up to pc etc. Formatted for emunand, and its currently sitting in emunand form on the settings screen, ready to transfer to my new 3DS. Again. sitting in emunand in sleep mode in the settings screen.

My old XL does not have anything copied back to its SD card... ie... all my files... downloads... ambassador stuff. Should I do this? and is it as simple as just powering down the XL, pulling the sd out, and copying stuff back... then performing the browser hack and back into emunand again?

Seriously don't wanna mess this up. :) Just want my new 3ds, with all the same content as my old one had. :)

Yes it is that simple, just copy/paste your backup back to the SD card to restore everything.

Reactions: AlanWeird

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to... confirm. Not gonna be using this cart for any form of piracy. Just wanted to make sure I could get everything over to my new 3ds on time... as apparently another update might kill my chances of that. Gonna be switching to KARL when it's released :)

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're a star, Monty!

One small blip.. I need to pick another SD card for the old 3ds. Apparently in its emunanded form, there isn't enough room for the original data. No worries. I'll just redo emunand on an 8gb :)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally, I'd copy the backed up data to the old 3DS's SD card.

Because if you were doing it from sysNAND to sysNAND that data would be there. There's probably data there that needs to transfered to your new3DS. I don't know for sure, but it's better to be "safe than sorry". Power down the old3DS remover the SD and copy everything back to it. Power up and boot into Gateway mode again, then return to settings in preparation for your system transfer.

After the process is complete, power down the new3DS and transfer the backed up data to the micro SD. Boot it into Gateway mode and everything will be there as it should be.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys.

Make sure to delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from your SD card before you copy things back. There could be conflicts between old and new data that prevents your stuff from showing up even after you copy it back.

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zidapi, it's the old 3DS's card I was moving it to anyway :) But thanks tons for clarifying things.

And thanks for that warning JDbye. I stopped my transfer from pc midway there, and deleted the entire Nintendo 3DS folder.

Copying the old backup once again.

Once its all through, My old 3DS will be downgraded to 4.5, then hawked on ebay.

it's all time consuming, but i've been able to clean my old 3ds of all its gamer gunk and so on :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??