Hacking Got confused. Best way for playing video on DS?

Largo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

after converting all my futurama episodes to m3 movie player format (what was it, gbv?), which took about 48 hours on my ancient PC i learned that this format quite sucks, even in high quality mode, because of more than poor sound. It wasn't even synchronised.

So after searching the forum for a better way i stumbled upon the moonshell video format (dps?). So, before hopping on my bicycle-power-supply for my retarded PC, is this format really better?

And further more, is there another way to encode this format besides batch.dps? I can't get that to run because not having some necessary components like .net.

Any n00bie help for me would be appreciated!

Have a good time!

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in the gba forum:
actually as far as i know, its dpg format
smile.gif

For my ds ive converted in this format before, and the quality is quite good and sound is good too. you can get a program called "batchdpg" (find it on google) make sure you get v 1.0 or higher, its way easier to use.

Largo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. But as you might have read, the batch.dpg thing was a known for me. I don't have avisynth + net framework on my PC so i'm looking for an alternative.

But thanks for your help anyway,
Largo

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. But as you might have read, the batch.dpg thing was a known for me. I don't have avisynth + net framework on my PC so i'm looking for an alternative.

But thanks for your help anyway,
Largo
you can download it
smile.gif

EDIT:
go HERE
Scroll down to "june 20 2006" itll give u the links to download
its only ~3.5 Megabytes
smile.gif

Largo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you're right, i installed avisynth, which was quick and easy and the encoder worked flawlessly.
For those interested:
a usual futurama episode:

divx = 179 MB, dvd quality
gbv = 139mb + 13mb for sound, very poor audio
dpg = 59 mb with excellent video and audio

Thanks for you help,
Largo

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup no problem
smile.gif

Yeah, i had some rips of arrested development, about 200 mb a piece, and make it a nice 67.3 mb file with good quality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay