Hacking got bricked on 4.2 using preloader

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preloader can still load but i am unable to go into hbc.need help got bricked on friends wii.i had the hacks.ini setup for his 4.2 but it hust ended up bricking the wii.

EDIT
just found out he did not have bootmii is there still a way out of this brick.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
system menu corrupted is not a brick if thats what your thinking.

if you can boot into preloader your not bricked.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if he doesn’t have bootmii then you can’t restore any kind Nand, as far as I know bootmii is the only way to do it.

If you can tell us what he did to actually brick the thing, I may be able to help more.

Does the system have HBC 1.0.5/6 and a non JODI patched Preloader? Is that why HBC won’t load?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HellFireXS said:
Well if he doesn’t have bootmii then you can’t restore any kind Nand, as far as I know bootmii is the only way to do it.

If you can tell us what he did to actually brick the thing, I may be able to help more.

Does the system have HBC 1.0.5/6 and a non JODI patched Preloader? Is that why HBC won’t load?
more than likely he installed the regular preloader .29
and cant get into his system menu because of the menu corrupted message.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HellFireXS said:

he has the latest hbc but preloader was not patched.as far as i can see thers is no way to fix the problem so he's buying a used wii from ebay hopefully it won't be on 4.2.

i tried installing a boot.dol file since that is all i'm able to do with his preloader install files.at least i think there installing.i tried the hackmii file.the uused wii might be the only option its better than sending the nitendo wii to nintendo themselves isn't it.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
HellFireXS said:

he has the latest hbc but preloader was not patched.as far as i can see thers is no way to fix the problem so he's buying a used wii from ebay hopefully it won't be on 4.2.

i tried installing a boot.dol file since that is all i'm able to do with his preloader install files.at least i think there installing.i tried the hackmii file.the uused wii might be the only option its better than sending the nitendo wii to nintendo themselves isn't it.
you should be able to install the boot.dol in preloader to boot hbc.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182751

or better yet, try using preloader to set the system menu to boot with IOS 249 in the settings.
if it works then run HBC

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
fst312 said:
HellFireXS said:

you should be able to install the boot.dol in preloader to boot hbc.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182751

or better yet, try using preloader to set the system menu to boot with IOS 249 in the settings.
if it works then run HBC

thank you you are a life saver his wii is running again i'm going to make sure he gets bootmii on to an sd card.
the wii system menu is back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.