Hacking Got an Wii with D3-2

titanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi folks, I just buy an Wii with the damned D3-2 Drive. I looked around and see that there's no way do play backups on it. I don't know about hardmod so much, so I'd like some help to choose what chip should I buy. I think Wiikey or Wiifusion won't work that's correct?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's impossible to play backups with a D3x drive, no hardmod, no softmod. Buy a USB HDD and use a USB loader or buy a D2x replacement drive!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FIX94 said:
It's impossible to play backups with a D3x drive, no hardmod, no softmod. Buy a USB HDD and use a USB loader or buy a D2x replacement drive!
you could always replace the drive, which I'm pretty sure would be classified as a hardmod
biggrin.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, a replacement drive is enough. But WHY you MUST play from disc? A HDD is better, faster and you don't need to buy something else.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Fix94 - for wii games there is no need to play any games with discs. Everything is playable either through conventional loaders (i.e. wiiflow), or through SNEEK.

However, one thing that you will lose is the ability to play GC backups, since they are only playable from discs.

If this is important to you then buy an older drive and follow a guide to install it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
smash_brew said:
a wode would play gc backups too.
But without audio streaming, and a WODE is much more expensive then a replacement drive, and a replacement drive can use audio streaming.
edit: OK smash_brew, that's definitely advertising what you are doing!

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it was said that buying an older disc drive was the only way to play gc backups. i was just pointing out the there is an alternative. I wouldn't get a wode myself, but it may be a good option for the op who had expressed interest in a mod chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker