Hacking Got a 2DS, now I have a few questions

Ledi1997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just bought a used 2DS for the amazing price of just 25 Euros and it is my first entry to the 3ds family so I am a complete noob. I know about the existence of the 3ds hacks guide website however before I do anything I have some questions.

Ledi1997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is the question? :D
Sorry I could not post for some reason this is the continuation:

I thought the 2DS would be fully updated so I would buy the 10$ R4i SDHC Gold Pro 2018, however its on V 11.0.0-28E so i practically do not need a flashcart to install CFW.... i think.
I want it to be on the latest firmware though so here comes question one. Is it possible to put the CFW as it is now and afterwards update the system version or should I update first and buy the flashcart.
Does it make much of a difference if I am on the latest version or not in regards to game compatibility or whatever?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also If I CFW my 2ds in any way I know I can backup my 3ds games and install them via FBI or something like that, as i said a pure noob here, but i would also like to play ds games would that be possible without a flashcart? What about gba games etc (I am guessing this is more an emulator thing but I will ask just to be sure)

I also got flashcart for my old DS Lite which is the cheapest one on nds-card the R4-SDHC for Ds lite or something
Would this one work if I need to use a flashcart (tbh i think not but just to be sure)

I couldnt post the whole thing cuz i had written nds-card dot etc etc -.- XD

Last edited by Ledi1997,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, TWLoader doesn’t have the best compatibility. There is a list somewhere. Just pop in your flash card and see if it works, you might get lucky. If not, report back and maybe we can get that card working (unless it has a timebomb).

Ledi1997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a note, TWLoader doesn’t have the best compatibility. There is a list somewhere. Just pop in your flash card and see if it works, you might get lucky. If not, report back and maybe we can get that card working (unless it has a timebomb).
Thanks, also one quick question, I apparently have new super mario 2 on the 2ds will i lose it if i do the cfw process? Will make sure to update you in any case

EDIT: Nevermind apparently not :P

Last edited by Ledi1997,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.