Google Stadia details to be revealed this Thursday

stadia.PNG
Tech giant Google seems adamant to get a headstart and will skip E3 to unveil details about its cloud gaming platform Stadia, stating that "some news can't wait for E3". The company announced via a tweet that it will reveal more details about Stadia like pricing, games, and launch details this Thursday June 6th. By the same token, Google also announced its own version of Nintendo Direct called Stadia Connect which the company describes as "a series that gives you a look at Stadia news, events, new games, bonus features & more". The first Stadia Connect will be live streamed this Thursday June 6, 2019 at 9AM PDT/6PM CET with the new details about the platform and it can be viewed on YouTube right below:

Will you be tuning in?
:arrow: SOURCE

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Stadia connect really?
I will never buy a susbscription to play games, i either own them or not, so yeah this is no for me.

Cant wait for microsoft Xbox directs name in some time too lol.

I have zero interest in this unless there's an actual physical machine to collect besides the controller.
the entire point of this is you can stream the games on your tablet or smart tv or potato computer so you never need to own any new hardware.

i mean if they are sucefull i can see they launching something but it will just be a google computer that streams lol.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stadia connect really?
I will never buy a susbscription to play games, i either own them or not, so yeah this is no for me.
it's madness when I hear gamers say won't get as I don't own it who cares if don't own its about playing the game and remembering the experience you get from it so Yr telling me if a fave game series of yrs was stream only you wouldn't get it as don't own it Yr talking nonsense and end of day Yr losing out as Yr punishing yrself over something so minor it's laughable

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will be tuning in as I think Google actually has the pull behind them to make this work.
They also have the information monopoly to convince people this is what they want :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's madness when I hear gamers say won't get as I don't own it who cares if don't own its about playing the game and remembering the experience you get from it so Yr telling me if a fave game series of yrs was stream only you wouldn't get it as don't own it Yr talking nonsense and end of day Yr losing out as Yr punishing yrself over something so minor it's laughable
I dunno, I equate going to game streaming to things like chocolate bars getting smaller, soda no longer using real sugar, operating systems becoming less secure and unsupported faster than ever, news programs becoming nothing not anger inducing opinion pieces etc; and it seems like we will be forced into it like it or not. Google has so much influence over the way people think Im actually worried about anything they do now. This isnt like video streaming, which obviously was going to be a big hit once you looked at how people were pirating shows and movies with streaming. You dont see pirates streaming games, because it doesnt really make much sense to run a game server side unless you want to be in complete control of the user experience at all costs.

Last edited by kevin corms,

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why people can't see the potential that is cloud gaming. I have a pretty average wifi system in my home with so many devices are connected at a time and we haven't really had a need to upgrade. Nonetheless, I was able to play games on Nvidia Geforce Now with low latency that is very much playable (not competitive) and almost not noticeable. The only issues I had was the variability that was only due to how many devices that using the same router like 3 ps4s, a switch, and 3 computers simutaneously which caused some resolution (not latency) drops and artifacts but in good conditions, the service ran perfectly. Can I add that this was all on wifi and not lan?

Cloud Gaming will not work perfectly worldwide probably for the next couple years but the potential and capability is already here. Like all new things, most will dismiss it until people realize its potential. Google is not stupid, they are literally the home of most people's information. If they didn't think it was possible, they wouldn't have made it as big as a deal as they did.

Reactions: Gon Freecss

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"it's not original if I'm not interested"
sound logic

It's cloud gaming, whoop dee freaking doo. Not interested. No amount of wowing people over to this will not change my thoughts on cloud gaming, so yeah, no sense in trying to convince me that
cloud gaming is going to be good.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there is a huge diference lol
1- i buy a game and i can play it anytime i want for the duration of the cartridge/cd life/console life(if digital) which is afew decades.

2- i dont need to have good internet to play a game that i own that isnt an internet only multiplayer game.

3-i can still play any n64 game ever released becuase i can buy games in second hand even from developers that went kaput.

If streaming becomes the norme then when a game gets almost no plays they will just remove it from stream and with streaming means no files, so you cant even preserve the games once they get deleted, its bye bye, you cant preserve anything at all.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if people cry about excusivity on epic store.. you can bet they will cry the same if the game is only on streaming google...

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just can't wait for the 128 ms of input lag coupled with compression farts/artefacting in the video quality. What's the point of cloud gaming other than to deter piracy? We don't even have a very consistent or reliable infrastructure in the US to support such an ambitious project. Those who live in rural areas are shit outta luck, WISPs and other wireless forms of internet in rural regions are slow and pure garbage.

The funny thing is that the input lag is very severe, even for people who have a 200 Mbps fiber optic connection. Such as myself.

Let alone rural areas.

I mean I have faith. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But I honestly do not see it happening in a sustainable, playable way.

Pretty much the only people who will be able to use this service, will be people physically near Google's servers, with 5-10ms ping.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is that the input lag is very severe, even for people who have a 200 Mbps fiber optic connection. Such as myself.

Let alone rural areas.

I mean I have faith. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But I honestly do not see it happening in a sustainable, playable way.

Pretty much the only people who will be able to use this service, will be people physically near Google's servers, with 5-10ms ping.
To be honest, Google's project stream wasn't the best experience compared to Geforce Now. It had more stable results with a consistent resolution and not many artifacts but there was a lot more latency. Geforce Now had more variability but much better latency so I can see how it can be improved.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although I am hesitant with the idea of cloud gaming and do not want to see a decline in physical media. I am interested on how they will achieve this and pricing . The idea of playing a new game with the same quality as playing it on a high spec PC is interesting. We all know PC gaming in term of hardware is way ahead then console gaming. Google are boasting that there servers can handle this. Time will tell.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Let alone rural areas.

You know why I don't like the concept of cloud gaming, barring input lag:

- You can't keep games, it's a glorified rental service
- Games cycle out, if you like a game, TS, you can't keep it, you have to play through cycled catalogs of games
- Streaming games is just another excuse to use bullshit DRM to curtail piracy
- If there's an interruption or interference with the connection, you can't play the games
- No way to collect physical copies of said games, no way to preserve them after servers shut down/close down, go defunct, etc
- Infrastructure in the West is pure trash, inconsistent and unreliable in rural areas

These are the reasons I don't like cloud gaming. Now, I know what people are saying "it's like Netflix", well the diff is that I would prefer movies/shows to be streamed than
games, because you only need to see shows once or twice tops, then you move on. With games, you can't really 100% complete them if they're going to be cycled through, you
have to play them more then one time to enjoy a game.

Sorry, but I'm keeping my games, and at least with Steam, you can keep them on multiple machines, HDDs as backup, no need to rely on BS streaming only.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Let alone rural areas.

I cant even get in home streaming to work to what I consider an acceptable level with both sides on gigabit Ethernet.

You know why I don't like the concept of cloud gaming, barring input lag:

- You can't keep games, it's a glorified rental service
- Games cycle out, if you like a game, TS, you can't keep it, you have to play through cycled catalogs of games
- Streaming games is just another excuse to use bullshit DRM to curtail piracy
- If there's an interruption or interference with the connection, you can't play the games
- No way to collect physical copies of said games, no way to preserve them after servers shut down/close down, go defunct, etc
- Infrastructure in the West is pure trash, inconsistent and unreliable in rural areas

These are the reasons I don't like cloud gaming. Now, I know what people are saying "it's like Netflix", well the diff is that I would prefer movies/shows to be streamed than
games, because you only need to see shows once or twice tops, then you move on. With games, you can't really 100% complete them if they're going to be cycled through, you
have to play them more then one time to enjoy a game.
Not only that, game streaming doesnt work like netflix does at all. With netlfix you are just sent raw data for a pre rendered movie and your device does all the rest of the work. Game streaming means you are running an interactive game on a computer in a remote location.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant even get in home streaming to work to what I consider an acceptable level with both sides on gigabit Ethernet.

Not only that, game streaming doesnt work like netflix does at all. With netlfix you are just sent raw data for a pre rendered movie and your device does all the rest of the work. Game streaming means you are running an interactive game on a computer in a remote location.

Which uses even more bandwidth and worse in every way. I saw the horrors of PS Now and cloud-based gaming as I watched others play it, why on earth would I want to pay for that crap?

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although I am hesitant with the idea of cloud gaming and do not want to see a decline in physical media. I am interested on how they will achieve this and pricing . The idea of playing a new game with the same quality as playing it on a high spec PC is interesting. We all know PC gaming in term of hardware is way ahead then console gaming. Google are boasting that there servers can handle this. Time will tell.
We already know they are lying, or at the very least being very misleading. Digital foundry tested it out and noted how the picture quality was pretty bad.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you underestimate the power google has over peoples thinking.
People have power..look nowdays how they are mad at youtube and how it changed... look at the social thing google wanted to do and didint work ( plus i believe it was called?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2