Google Stadia details to be revealed this Thursday

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jun 3, 2019.

1. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I don't kno much about pc games and hardware but what I've read playing pc games with the settings they hav said 9 quid a month is nothing to me and to a lot of people and spending 30 40 quid on a game a month isn't a big deal either for most people

2. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I finally watched it. Got to say, it feels pretty weird to see Google doing a game conference.

Also, "pending approval from Sony." lol

Isn't it kind of funny that they are saying you don't need consoles while still trying to sell you hardware?
    With this sly and confusing way to tell you about the pricing, it is sounding like another Google+.

Last edited by KingVamp, Jun 6, 2019
  3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    so paying around 50$ a month and own nothing and hopping your internet is fast enough to play lol by 6 months you can buy a console and get used games very cheap lol and you can play them anytime for ever lol.

Also their founders pack is a joke so they give you a controler a google adpater for the tv and 3 months pay sor 170$ all that and you get to only play destiny 2 and afew older games lol

that price is ridiculous becuase the controller is 70 since they said it was, and 3 months is 30$ so your paying 70$ for the google device for smart tv and then the most important you can choose your name before the better ones get taken lol.

4. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Such seniority. What a veteran. Much wisdom.

AlexMCS and UltraSUPRA like this.
  5. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    uh huh

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you act like those innovations and much much better would not have happened without this cancer monopoly stifling competition and creativity

sadly we will never know what we could have been or what better reality awaited us in the alternate timeline

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    the next ouya right here doesn't matter if it's owned by google it'll end up the same way. 2 years i give this 3 max before it's dead and forgotten.

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jun 7, 2019
  7. AlexMCS

AlexMCS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Brazil
    You better improve your reading comprehension skills, since I'm pretty much saying Google is at fault here.

8. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    All these people slagging off Google I bet least 50% still use Google as ther search engine:lol: OK those tht do can you pls now uninstall Google chrome

9. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Sure, duckduckgo and firefox for life. Or whatever else, lynx is good enough, it is just a damn search engine and a browser not rocket science.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i use google search engine and nothing against that but i use firefox browser for years so yeah no chrome for me.

Using google search engine is diferent from buying a subscription and then having to buy the games that are new or wait until they become free with the subscription.

11. gbAlfei

gbAlfei Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    Kansas City, MO
    You can say all of that but those figures are inaccurate. Regardless, streaming obviously isn't for people with bad internet, which is becoming less and less people these days. Even the 5-10 mbps you speak of is enough to use these.

12. AlexMCS

AlexMCS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Bandwidth has nothing to do with latency.

13. starkuja

starkuja Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    United States
    Was only a matter of time before Google got into the gaming industry. They easily have the infrastructure to pull it off.