Good PSP RPG's?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking for good PSP RPG's. I already know of the Persona games, and I'm very well aware of FFIV.

Action or traditional is fine with me. A good RPG is a good RPG.
Try to restrict it to PSP games. Not in the mood for making an EBOOT.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, I have to go back to that eventually. One of the difficulty spikes kinda made me turn away though. I like a challenge, but frustratingly hard stuff is just awful for me. I happen to be one of those people who gets stupidly angry at video games for one reason or another.

Games I have played, to be clear:
- Ys Seven (Brilliant)
- Ys 1+2 Chronicles (After seven, this was just disappointing and really, really hard)
- FFVII Crisis Core (I didn't understand the appeal at all)
- KH: BBS (After raging at it, I picked it back up awhile ago and beat it thoroughly)
- The 3rd Birthday (Difficulty hates me)
- Cave Story (I know it is homebrew when it comes to the PSP, but I still really liked it)

Those are all the ones I've either played enough to get a good impression of, or beat. I'm sure there are more, but those are the only ones that come to mind right away.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Trails in the Skies. Made by Falcom, and is known to be few of the best JRPGs around.
And check out Ys: The Oath in Felghana. It's more like an action adventure game than an RPG, but it's still plenty of fun.

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ojsinnerz. said:
Trails in the Skies. Made by Falcom, and is known to be few of the best JRPGs around.
And check out Ys: The Oath in Felghana. It's more like an action adventure game than an RPG, but it's still plenty of fun.

If XSEED helped make it in anyway (Which they did), I'm willing to give it a go. Gotta love those guys.

Is The Oath of Felghana less like the first two games in respect to the combat? The whole running into the enemy to deal damage thing ended up causing me to never finish the second game due to the incredible difficulty jumps, and the odd reliance on the not all that helpful magic. By the time you hit the fire place, your weapon is basically useless. :/

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nathan Drake said:
ojsinnerz. said:

If XSEED helped make it in anyway (Which they did), I'm willing to give it a go. Gotta love those guys.

Is The Oath of Felghana less like the first two games in respect to the combat? The whole running into the enemy to deal damage thing ended up causing me to never finish the second game due to the incredible difficulty jumps, and the odd reliance on the not all that helpful magic. By the time you hit the fire place, your weapon is basically useless. :/

It plays more like Ys Seven as there's a proper attack button. Also there's a jump button which leads to light platformig.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crimson Gem Saga, beautifully crafted JRPG. Not very original in terms of battle system but still a lot of fun.

I'll second oj with Trails in the Sky. Interesting dialogue, good RPG aspects, and awesome music.

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure is really fun. It's like Zelda but with some RPG aspects, more platforming, and awesome music. So basically just Zelda but better.

FFIV: The Complete Collection is just the best compilation of one of the best RPGs ever made.

Dissidia 012 is kinda like half-fighting, half-ARPG, but it's all awesome.

EDIT: You also have access to the giant amount of PSX RPGs. That's every Final Fantasy up to IX (You might as well get the remade I, II, and IV, though), Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile (also has a PSP remake), Alundra, Grandia, the list goes on.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about Breath of Fire 3? I've never played the PSP version but I understand it's a straight port of the excellent PS1 version (which I have played). My favourite game in the series.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about tactical rpg? Heres a list ill put the tacticals separate just in case.
RPG:
Hexys Force
Legend of heroes I,II,III
Crimson Gem Saga
Trails in the SKy
Miamiya
Valarie Profile

Action RPG
Y's 8
tales of rebirth
nakaridungeon Tales of the world Radiant mythology

Strat RPG
Jeane d'arc
Valkiria Chronicles

those are the only good ones I can think off without looking or going into eboots

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna try out Trails in the Sky for two reasons.

It looks pretty fun, and the Senior Editor for XSEED is pretty sexy.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you already played Ys 1&2/Seven, try this one:

47878_148574925176663_120850374615785_291109_6309270_n_thumb.jpg

[youtube]_4YlFiR61RM[/youtube]

It's fucking wonderful! Heck, every Ys game is fucking wonderful!

ojsinnerz. said:

The fuck. Is more like an hybrid between Action and RPG, like A Link To The Past.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
Mind = Changed

Damn you Ys series, being so enticing! Epic music with incredible game play makes me one happy person.
Ys games are like, the most fun games out there dude.

Try to buy'em if you got a chance, because these games sell like shit.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ojsinnerz. said:
Nathan Drake said:
Mind = Changed

Damn you Ys series, being so enticing! Epic music with incredible game play makes me one happy person.
Ys games are like, the most fun games out there dude.

Try to buy'em if you got a chance, because these games sell like shit.

We must support Falcom for all this awesome work.

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I get a job, new copies of every PSP game I really like (like the Ys games) are getting purchased. The work is too good to not get paid for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1