• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,560
  • Replies 7
  • Likes 4
D

Deleted User

OP
In combination with a Mayflash Magic NS which cost about $20. The reason is you can use those on PC and several different consoles (if you want to use on PS4, you need Magic-S or Pro) but if you use Remoteplay or Chiaki you can use a controller hooked up to PC on PS4 without it actually being hooked up to PS4, or Wii U (ironically) with Hidtovpad , or Switch with HidPlus, none of these even need to be hooked up to these consoles directly but just on your PC because of these apps. So a controller hooked up to PC can play all of these consoles too by just owning 1 controller.

But the main reason I say get a Wii U Pro is

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...s_on_a_single_charge_not_backwards_compatible

80 hours on one charge! While other controllers like Dualshock 4 give you 4-5 tops. That is amazing to me as AFAIK nothing comes close, even Switch Pro from what I read is only half of that at 40 hours. I bought a used Wii U Pro on Ebay for $27.05 including tax, and I'm very glad I did. I was using a Dualshock 4 on my PC and charging almost daily, now it take me a few months before I need to charge. It's a very good controller too IMO, some may find the two joysticks being towards the top a bit ackward but that should only effect FPS. I like you can hold the power button for only like 2 seconds and turn it off when Dualshock 4 took me about 15 seconds. I believe it's near gaming bliss all things considered.

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip, I recently had to buy a Magic NS to connect my Mayflash F500 to my PS5, so I could also use it for this. Don't love the button placement on the WiiU Pro Controller though.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

OP
Err yep, that's the one I got. Wasn't sure there was any difference.

The NS I believe stands for Nintendo Switch, and is not compatible with PS4/PS5. It is strangely compatible with PS3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This chart came out before PS5 came out so PS5 not included.
cLESvTR.jpg

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There a nice controller but my go to right now are those $30 boot leg switch pros on amazon, well made IMO I put a beating on them.

D

Deleted User

OP
There a nice controller but my go to right now are those $30 boot leg switch pros on amazon, well made IMO I put a beating on them.

Is the battery life good?

That was my main emphasis the 80 hours on 1 charge which is crazy to me, and I don't think anything else even a real switch pro comes close. Got tired of charging my Dualshock 4 all the time.

I agree what was said above that the button placement is a little weird I wish I could take that battery and put it in a Dualshock 4 which I think is the best controller there ever was, but the battery life sure sucks on it.

Last edited by ,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the battery life good?

That was my main emphasis the 80 hours on 1 charge which is crazy to me, and I don't think anything else even a real switch pro comes close. Got tired of charging my Dualshock 4 all the time.

I agree what was said above that the button placement is a little weird I wish I could take that battery and put it in a Dualshock 4 which I think is the best controller there ever was, but the battery life sure sucks on it.

I don't know I have magnetic usb all over my house I never go 80 hours without it charging, but the battery lifes not bad or noticeable.

The universal bluetooth is why they get used over my Wii U controllers, they are great but they need a dongle when I am bouncing around on hardware as far as my usage. They sit in a drawer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...