Good fighter game

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by 0ddity, Aug 15, 2010.

1. 0ddity
    OP

0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Looking for a good fighting game for dsl, haven't had the ds long so I probably missed some good ones. I'm looking for something like Soul Caliber or Street Fighter, 2d or 3D. I already checked out both Bleach games and MK for the DS, and they didn't really do it for me, so if anyone has any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear it. Multiplayer isn't required but would be a plus.

PS:
    Looking for NDS native games, not snes/mame/etc roms.

2. admotonic

admotonic GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2009
    New Zealand
  3. liquidnumb

liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2006
    United States
    Sadly, the few that exist are seriously rotten. Bleach and MKDS are as good as they get.

4. mikeychunn

mikeychunn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New Orleans
    A lot of people are saying that the Last Airbender is good and TV Anime Fairy Tail is okay. I've yet to get Fairy Tail working on my r4. But the first two bleach games are fun. The 3rd is pretty bad, and the fourth is fast and easy, but fun also.

5. Bluestainedroses

Bluestainedroses GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2010
    United States
    There's Jump Superstars and Ultimate Superstars if you want, i think they both have a pretty much finished translation and are pretty Decent. Also if you don't mind something different. I played Animal Boxing on my first flashcard and played it nonstop for a week. Not your typical fighter though.

6. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    If you can be bothered getting NeoDS up and running there are some great fighters that run really well.

I have the following and all are good.

King of Fighters 98
    King of Fighters 2002
    King of Fighters 2003
    Capcom VS SNK
    Samurai Shodown V - Special

Go Retro: [​IMG]

7. 0ddity
    OP

0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    I will probably end up going the emulator route, snes and neo, thanks for the suggestions everyone.

8. worlok375

worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

Feb 17, 2009
    United States
    Katekyo hitman reborn ds flame rumble XX, I'm still playing it frequently. (the first one too)

9. bennyheartless

bennyheartless Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    NY
    My vote goes to the jump games too. I don't speak Japanese or even know who most of the characters are, but the gameplay is solid and a lot of fun.

10. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Sweden, Falkenberg
    Guilty Gear DS.

Might take awhile to get used to due to the 4 player fighting. But i like it.

11. derrickchai39

derrickchai39 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2010
    Canada
    if you like anime, theres katekyo hitman reborn series, and fairy tale series.

12. 0ddity
    OP

0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Don't really care either way about anime/japanese style games, just looking for a solid fighter like the classics, so I'll give those all a try.

13. riverchen

riverchen GBAtemp Fan

Sep 27, 2009
    United States
    TV anime: Fairy tail, The new KHR, bleach 1 and 2, JSS and JUS, and neogeo roms. And snes