Hacking Good DSTT Browser?

elgin3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the best or rather most compatible DSTT Browser? ...

...Anyone, please give their opinions!
cry.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elgin3,

I don't understand your question. Are you asking about a Web browser or a file browser? Or some other type of browser? As far as I know, most homebrew is compatible with the DSTT, as is the Opera Web browser. Does that answer your question?

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a handful of homebrew Web browsers for the NDS. Some of them rely on a Windows PC to do the rendering (for speed) and then send the rendered pages to your NDS. These require a client for your NDS and a server that runs on your PC.

A few others attempt to render Web pages on your NDS, but most only support a subset of HTML although there are some that support images. They therefore render pages imperfectly. DSOrganize, for example, has a Web browser that renders only text and small images.

There is also the commercial Opera browser, which offers the most complete HTML implementation. Opera works pretty well, but as expected it's slow. Most Web pages aren't designed for a tiny window, and therefore you have to do a lot of scrolling around to see larger pages. It works, but it's painful. Also, Opera requires extra memory provided by a slot-2 expansion card such as the Ewin or the 3-in-1.

As far as I know, all of the Web browsers will work with the DSTT.

-Bri

allergictolife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the Opera browser working with the DSTT -- I have the RAM cart, and GBA games work with the Ewin loader. But when I try to patch the SDRAM for the browser, the screen freezes. Tips?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-