absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know a bunch of good dos emulators for ds because, as i was dumbing stuff from my laptop, i realised i got a whole bunch of freeware dos games from some floppys the last time we had a clear out. Also, if anyone ever got freeware of a game called EMPIRE, a sort of conquer game where you are general whatevernameyouputdown, leader of the populist movement, and the enemy is general 'CHIP' SILICON, leader of the militarist movement. Intrested to see if i can get the full copy under abandonware lisencing.

absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
"Abandonware" is not an actual licensing, it's more like "There's nobody around to sue us".
How true, also, i shal try all of the emulators, jut have to get a copy of pc doom, also, annother world looks intresting.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
doom will play freedoom, which is a project to port the original doom into a free wad file (google for a copy). it won't work perfectly but it will work. dsdoom will also play the shareware wad, which is on filetrip.

as for another world, you'll want to hunt down "out of this world", the US DOS files. the french version ("another world") will not work with the NewRAW engine. also, try to find a cracked copy so you don't have to carry around the piracy wheel.

-another world

absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, but at the moment im having problems with DSx86, i copied all of the files in the zip to the root of my flashcard, but when i run it, it says exactly this

QUOTE said:
***** DSx86 v.39 by Patrick Aalto *****

BIOS date: Sep 18 2011
Initializing libFAT: Success!

Could not find '/DATA/DSX86/DSX86.INI'!
Could not find '/DSX86.INI'!
Starting command shell:
Try C:\DATA\DSX86\4DOS\4DOS.COM ...Fail!
Try C:\DATA\DSX86\4DOS.com ...Fail!
Try C:\4DOS\4DOS.COM ...Fail!
Try C:\4DOS.COM ...Fail!
No shell! System halted.

Any ideas?

Undiscovered.Lin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Read the site more?

You need more than the emulator to run DOS. You need the config file linked there for the emulator, and you also need a shell.

Very true. I have tried..
closedeyes.gif

absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undiscovered.Link said:
Rydian said:
Read the site more?

You need more than the emulator to run DOS. You need the config file linked there for the emulator, and you also need a shell.

closedeyes.gif
well, i managed to get all the config files, and the 4DOS thing working, im just about to try playing EMPIRE, Undiscovered.Link, do you want the files i got?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
absolalone111 said:
Undiscovered.Link said:
Rydian said:
Read the site more?

closedeyes.gif
well, i managed to get all the config files, and the 4DOS thing working, im just about to try playing EMPIRE, Undiscovered.Link, do you want the files i got?
Do NOT share games here. It's against the rules, even if they're "abandonware".

As for 4DOS, it's better to link people to its site and let it download from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill