Hardware Good 3DS Repair Services?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm based in East Coast US. I have a 2DS with a damaged charge port. Local shop won't fix a CFW system, but the system needs to charge to turn on which means I can't uninstall. Looking for any known servicers in the community who would be able to replace the port.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm based in East Coast US. I have a 2DS with a damaged charge port. Local shop won't fix a CFW system, but the system needs to charge to turn on which means I can't uninstall. Looking for any known servicers in the community who would be able to replace the port.

That is interesting that they won't repair it if it has CFW on it.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, even though they acknowledge the repair has nothing to do with software. But I can't "unhack" without turning it on, which I need the repair to do
Is that a good repair shop? One that refuses a simple job for nonsense reason?
They would be off my list forever…

Anyway, I recommend against uninstalling CFW – it makes no sense. If you want to do it there is probably nothing stopping you if only the charge port is broken. Just insert a fully charged battery.
One could even charge the battery a few minutes with a lab power supply set to 4.1V, 500mA using alligator clips.

As for doing the repair yourself: It is not too tricky, but you need previous soldering experience. I advise against ever soldering on a device you care for before practicing on scrap electronics.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Alexander1970

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that a good repair shop? One that refuses a simple job for nonsense reason?
They would be off my list forever…

Anyway, I recommend against uninstalling CFW – it makes no sense. If you want to do it there is probably nothing stopping you if only the charge port is broken. Just insert a fully charged battery.
One could even charge the battery a few minutes with a lab power supply set to 4.1V, 500mA using alligator clips.

As for doing the repair yourself: It is not too tricky, but you need previous soldering experience. I advise against ever soldering on a device you care for before practicing on scrap electronics.

Good luck!
Yeah, I would need a charged battery. I ordered a new battery for it thinking that would solve the issue, but I guess hte battery didn't come pre-charged.

But yeah, I don't have a soldering iron. So I'm wondering if there are any well-known servicers in the community who do simple repairs like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol