The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I plan to buy a new Wii with in the next month or so and I am just curious to which modchip I should get? I kinda fell out of the loop of the Wii scene. So any suggestions would be nice

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant use disc loaders anymore with new wiis, since they removed the ability to do that hardware wise. the only modchips youd be able to get would be the sundrive or wode, wiikey fusion too i guess.
i hear good things about the wode. the sundrive replaces the dvd drive, ad you put a hard drive in it.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just use an HDD loader, they're so much more convenient and you never have to burn DVDs.
Oh and the loading speed is better than retail games.
And you don't have to open your Wii.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So use the money I'd use to purchase a modchip and purchase an external hdd?

EDIT - How big of an hdd should i get? Also which loader should I use, Id plan to hook the hdd up to the comp to put iso's on it.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just softmod your wii, don't waste your money on a modchip unless there is a really specific reason you want a specific one. A 1TB drive holds about 400 games on average... I bought a 1.5 TB myself... as was said above, you won't be able to use burned discs on the new wii hardware. If you buy a used wii from a year or so ago, then you can play burned discs.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DarkCrudus said:
So is there no way to play dvd back ups on new wii's? i'd prefer that much more than usb loaders cuz i wont have to deal with worrying about system updates as much

no. no. no. no. no. no.

how many times does it need to be said?

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Much more worth your money to buy a semi-cheap 500gb external HDD(As there aren't 400 games worth playing on the Wii and it's a waste to get anymore), softmod your Wii, then install CFG USB Loader and have a nice virtual assortment of games.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright then, I suppose that is what I shall do, now to return in a couple weeks to a month to reread through some guides to set everything up, I use to know how to do everything like 2yrs ago, but then my family moved n took our wii n i stayed in the same town n got a 360. So now i feel like a noob again xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay