GoldenEye VS Black Ops

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rockstar99, Nov 16, 2010.

?

GoldenEye VS Black Ops?

1. GoldenEye 007

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Call Of Duty Black Ops

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Nov 16, 2010

GoldenEye VS Black Ops by rockstar99 at 4:26 PM (3,387 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Will post my opinion soon...

Please post what you like better ad why

2. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Can´t wait to see it...

3. vasili

Newcomer vasili Member

Portugal
    Testing both. But so far, I'd say Black Ops. Must confess I'm a fan of CoD. [​IMG]

4. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    GoldenEye RULES! Multiplayer offline is fucking funny and addict. Why the fuck I want a bad version of CoD if I have GoldenEye?

5. YoshiKart

Member YoshiKart GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm new to FPS's (as in, I haven't really played them seriously until now), but I have to say, I prefer Goldeneye over COD. Without trying to be biased over COD's lack of splitscreen, Goldeneye really sets the bar in showing that FPS's can work without fancy HD textures or graphics. COD does look pretty impressive for the Wii, and the fully customizable controls are a plus, but having no split screen is quite a sacrifice.

6. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    GoldenEye 007 is a better package in my opinion. Black Ops' online component is better, but it comes at a sacrifice of a split-screen multiplayer, which is really fun when playing against friends. GoldenEye has some iffy controls in my opinion, the pointer often jumps around or doesn't go where you want it at first, and none of this is present in Black Ops as far as I'm concerned. But in general, GoldenEye is more fun.

7. aragon

Member aragon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I fondly remember the days when we endlessly played Goldeneye on the N64 - good times!

All in all, I like the stealth/spy scenario more than RL war scenarios. When I look at FPS's these days, most of them are selling us wars as entertainment. The Bond franchise has a different flavour and feels better to me.

8. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Yes, if you close your eyes, you feel like bond...
    The ambiance in goldeneye is very good. Especially the first level and the snow level.
    Rain, snow, heat. Once you've set the controls right ( wich are fully customizable ! ! ! ),
    it's a 1:1 experience. Good level design with multiple ways to complete.
    Awesome game, but I did'nt like the dance club levels.
    They reminded me of "The Conduit" wich is a BAD thing IMHO.

9. sonknuck23

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Call of Duty has fun online. I like the way it works better than Goldeneye, but Goldeneye has good online too.

However, Goldeneye has awesome single player. So. Goldeneye Wins in my opinion, but Black Ops is kinda' fun too.

10. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Have to say I loved Goldeneye's campaign mode, but online left a nasty taste in my mouth for some reason, so for that reason my vote goes to BlackOps.

The online is just so big. So many challenges etc.

And is anybody else loving the wager matches?

11. bigganum

Newcomer bigganum Advanced Member

Sweden
    Yeah I feel the same way, I love the single player of goldeneye but when it comes to online it feels like a CoD ripoff but worse.
    So i'd choose black ops online before golden eye any day.

12. sonknuck23

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Oh, btw: How did you get the coins to appear on your Wiinnertag??

13. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Not played either online and I haven't played Black Ops on the Wii so comparing the PC version and for me GoldenEye is better.

Playing that game with a friend in the same room is a lot of fun and like in the single player mode it has more variety too.

Treyarch just seemed to be going through the motions with Black Ops and without the blockbuster style effects and looks its nothing, without the CoD name no one would really care that much about this game.

Eurocom however really did put a lot of effort in making a Wii FPS game for gamers to play for years. The set pieces work well with the Wii hardware. Again its solely living on the name and franchise but the devs did a lot to make sure it fitted in with the "modern" Bond style.

14. Category

Member Category Trainee Romhacker

United Kingdom
    Black Ops is the best for online Multiplayer, but Goldeneye has a MUCH better single player experience. And split screen gaming. Goldeneye wins for me, I'm not enough of an FPS player to be any good at online - if I was, Black Ops would probably have had my vote.

But there is Zombies... That could be a game changer!

15. WitoRIT92

Member WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  16. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Goldeneye all the way, its QUITE NICE, actually one of the best shooters i´ve played on Wii, I love it! xD

17. fattest

Member fattest GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I'm curious after being out for a few months which of these two has a better online following and is more stable for online play? I didn't really give goldeneye a chance, with exception to the original n64 goldeneye I never liked console FPS because of the controls. After playing black ops on my friend's ps3 and getting used to it I started playing on my wii with the classic controller and can handle it quite well now. I've been playing for a few weeks and I'm getting bored of black ops online now as I've unlocked almost all of the pro perks and plateaued skill-wise (not interested in prestige and starting over), how much replay value does goldeneye have online?

18. eosia

Member eosia GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm i was playing to black ops and its very cool , so for the moment i can say that black ops is better because i havent tried 007 [​IMG]

19. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    Blackops havent playd Goldeneye

20. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Wait a minute, I didn't notice the bump.
    Stop bumping dead threads >.