YAY
anyone getting this?

Source

shadow_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually buy games in their launch day, but i'm a little ceptical about this one...i mean, it looks good, it's fucking goldeneye but i don't trust activison...So i'm going to try it first and, if it turns out amazing, i'll buy it
yaywii.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Got some more info/pics/ on the game here:

GoldenEye - Wii vs. N64

I was reading this and from what i can gather they have got rid of the entire tunnel/opening gate part of the dam level? replacing it with an on the rails truck scene where 006 drives and you shoot?

To me thats a huge mistake my best memories of playing that level were getting past that area by following the truck hiding behind it and getting to the end of inside the damn to destroy the consoles without getting caught/hit. Also they say you can choose to have stealth but if that were true then the entire truck scene is pointless.

When they announced this i was happy and thinking it would be great but the more i read and see the more confident i am this will be a horrible game that ruins the memory of the fantastic original

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno I'm still kinda excited by this! Sure it aint the same game but 4 player splitscreen looks fun and reminiscent of Goldeneye 64! Also Activision (Treyarch really) did a solid job with the Call of Duty Wii games and seem to get what Wii players want!

It probably won't be a must buy but I will purchasing this unless the reviews are horrible!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
3 things i want goldeneye 007 remake to keep from the original to make it awesome

1) Keep ALL of the unlockable cheats from doing speedruns in levels
2) Keep the single player modifier (where you can change enemies health to like 1000%)
3) Keep the music for silo the exsact same (dont update it)

3 Things i want goldeneye 007 to add to make it awesome

1) Wifi
2) Aiming controls of resident evil 4
3) An option to play as pierce brosnan's bond

zapo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna get it as soon as I can
yaywii.gif
and I think that everyone who played GoldenEye in N64 are gonna do the same

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapo said:
I'm gonna get it as soon as I can
yaywii.gif
and I think that everyone who played GoldenEye in N64 are gonna do the same
ant thats what activision is counting on, and why I'm afraid it will suck incredibly bad
frown.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Honestly...I don't get this hype. Activision is the same developer who made Quantum of solace, and that wasn't the best game ever. They're calling it a remake, but they're changing the main character's appearance into someone who wasn't in the first game (or the movie) to begin with. They're not the ones who made the original, and from what I gather from the comparison, I doubt they're intending it to be either.

No...this whole thing looks like cheap milking of the franchise. Activision's got the license to the James Bond movies...and they're not ashamed to take advantage of the reputation of Rare's masterpiece.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
It was Treyarch who made Quantum of Solace for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Activision only published it.

Still, im kinda hoping this actually has decent multiplayer, and if they include coop or something it would be sweet.
smile.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DEagleson said:

Still, im kinda hoping this actually has decent multiplayer, and if they include coop or something it would be sweet.
smile.gif
True, but they do have an influence on how the game is made. What I don't like is the fact that treyarch are including ADS. I'm sure this wasn't in the original, and I don't want another generic shooter.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
DEagleson said:

smile.gif
True, but they do have an influence on how the game is made. What I don't like is the fact that treyarch are including ADS. I'm sure this wasn't in the original, and I don't want another generic shooter.
this game is actually made by Eurocom, not Treyarch. also the Wii version of Quantum of Solace was not made by treyarch, but instead by Beenox.

But in any case, the problem is activision. They have a really nasty habit of just forcing out whatever trash is ready when they are ready to publish, no matter how incomplete or buggy it is... And they push out a lot of it with ever license they get their dirty little hands on. watered down generic shooter is definitely what we'll be looking at, I'm sure. wish they would either directly port/remake the original, or just scrap the idea and make another non-bond shooter. the good name of goldeneye was already smeared with that rogue agent crap that EA tried to pull, and now if this is as bad as I fear, goldeneye will forever leave a bad taste in the mouth.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I really doubt it will be terrible like QOS! The reason they can't add Pierce Brosnan is they don't have the rights to his appearance!

I'm just hoping that because Nintendo showed it off in their press conference that it will be decent! At the very least it will be somewhat nostalgic!

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, I don't really know what to think of this game.
I mean, it was a revolutionairy shooter back then, but now.. there are better shooters.
Just remaking won't do the job. What they also could do is give it good graphics.
I mean, the game looks ugly, even for the Wii.
Really, really ugly. The Wii can do way better than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*