Website
www.goldensunhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun: The Lost Age editor
Version 0.2, February 14, 2009
Created by Atrius

More information, and download available at the link below.

[Link]

Click the thumbnails below to view the full-sized images

In order from top left to bottom right: Item Editor, Enemy Editor, Enemy Group Editor, Sprite Viewer, Text Viewer.

GBA Audio Ripper

Release 1
Created by Atrius

A tool for ripping the audio data out of a GBA ROM that uses (probably) the most common audio format found in GBA games. (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's available at the bottom of the first post here, there's also a a nice GBA audio player there if you're interested.

Click to view full-sized image

Yeah, it's just a console window so it's not particularly interesting to look at, but notice that it does tell you the exact location it found the audio data at. That could prove useful, yes?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent. I will add it to the golden sun kit ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/gstoolkit and whatever is at romhacking.net) I have.

I will have to look into this GBA sound stuff, I mainly play around with ASM when it comes to sound hacking.

I sense it is going to mean another few hours before I finish my docs though.

Edit: would you happen to have a nice reference document on the format? (similar to http://kiwi.ds.googlepages.com/sdat.html or http://tahaxan.arcnor.com/index.php?option...9&Itemid=36 )

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow cool! Ive been waiting for some kinda tool like this one!
tongue.gif

Atrius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldensunhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, here are some screen shots of whats in store for the next version.

Click the thumbnails to view the full-size image.

GSTLA_LongNames.png

No I didn't change Felix's default name to Sir Wickles, notice the name is 11 characters long though while the limit is usually 5.

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
@gbpic have a look at GSF:
http://gsf.caitsith2.net/

@Atrius no worries, I am fairly familiar with the GBA sound hardware so maybe I will see what can be done.

Well, I highly doubt that this Adobe Air program went through the trouble of emulating the GBA to the extent of playing sound files. What I'm saying is that we can have a much simpler and more robust GBA audio format. I'm sorry, but GSF is a rather ugly format. (Though it's accurate) But, since many GBA games have a similar sound engine, we can make much simpler files by using sample-based tracker files instead of having to emulate parts of the GBA. (So we could play GBA music on a crapload more platforms)

Atrius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldensunhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.2 of the Golden Sun Editor is out. This version adds all of the following features:

-Ability Editor
-Party Member Stat Editor
-Class Editor
-Map Viewer (Still WIP, very slow right now)
-Code Patches
--Change Maximum party member name length
--RNG Patch (Attempts to fix the predictability of the Battle RNG that people take advantage of)
-Viewing/Swapping portraits in sprite viewer
-Swapping item icons
-Search boxes on most lists
-Largely compatible with other language version of TLA, the original Golden Sun, and some compatibility with Mario Golf & Tennis for GBA.

It can be downloaded at the link in the first post of this topic.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some nice updates (I especially like the idea of "RNG Patch", game improvements are always welcome and especially so when the base game is as good as this), thanks Atrius.

Atrius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldensunhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Ack... I missed a rather bad error when I released it earlier today. If you downloaded it before 9:00 EST, you should download it again.

The error caused ROMs that were saved to become nearly 130MB large sometimes. If you had that problem you can fix the ROM by just trimming off the extra data, it shouldn't have damaged any of the actual game data at all.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool. Do you plan to add a feature that allows you to change item names? I was thinking about adding one of those dummy items (The ones labeled as "?") as a weapon but it seems weird not to give them actual names.

cawwe123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone solve the glitch in vbag?gameboy advance for cellphones?

info of vbag is in www.vampent com

the glitch when in the battle you cannot see enemies and your character too..? golden sun and golden sun 2
please can someone fix that?
wacko.gif
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-