Hacking Golden Sun not working on dsi xl1.4.1U

ghostrigger001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I've recently purchased a dsi xl(fw 1.4.1u preinstalled) and acekard 2i (akaio 1.8.1)

Many roms work fine on it, but I have come across a few that have had issues, namely Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Obviously, the acekard itself works and have had no issues with other roms at all on the new firmware, but just a few games have had problems. After selecting gsdd, screen reads LOADING, flashes white and then black screen of nothing.

Am i missing something or are some games just not compatible yet with new fw or what? thoughts?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to enable the anti-anti-piracy (AAP) option before booting the game.

If it doesn't work then, it means your MicroSD card is too slow and you'll have to wait for AKAIO 1.8.2 for AAP to have support for slower MicroSD cards.

ghostrigger001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
You need to enable the anti-anti-piracy (AAP) option before booting the game.

If it doesn't work then, it means your MicroSD card is too slow and you'll have to wait for AKAIO 1.8.2 for AAP to have support for slower MicroSD cards.

forgot to mention that. i did enable aap, same result. i have a sandisk 8gb microSD. there's a 2 on it as well (class 2 maybe? or soemthing like that) does that fall into the too slow category? and if so, can you recommend a better microSD?

HOWEVER

i know my brother can run gsdd on his ds lite with akaio 1.8.1 on a 4gb class 2 sandisk microSD with aap enabled. sooo....yeah. that makes me think its more of a dsi xl problem.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
ghostrigger001, I'm sure you're a nice and interesting person.

But you might not be the first Akaio user that experiences this problem.

This stuff concerning 999 and Golden Sun has been asked and answered a few hundred times.

Maybe you'd like to use the "search" feature of GBAtemp?
closedeyes.gif

ghostrigger001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i appreciate your advice, sir, but i only post because i cannot find a suitable answer in any of my previous gbatemp searches. 999 works for me and i know that it was among a batch of games (including gsdd) that shouldnt work for me. that is why i am confused. i have tried everything that i have found in searches so far.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being that is 8GB and class2 is your problem if u wanna play it now get a 8GB class4 or wait for next public release of akaio.

ghostrigger001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clookster said:
Oh. That's interesting indeed.

You never had any freezes in 999, but you get a black screen in GS?

Did you reformatt with Panasonic?

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

i did use panasonic. strange, indeed. o well. ive got enough games to hold me over until 1.8.2. hopefully that fixes it without bricking. thanks for the help.

Invghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It took about half-way through 999 to start having freezes for me.

GS always black screens after I enter the characters name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)