FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm really starting to enjoy this game but its getting irritating. I'm not a massive cheater but I need to activate a few and I can't on DSTWO. I find it wierd since its the best flashcart out.

I'm trying to activate a cheat for one part. I'm at King Wo's palace and I see a Venus and Mars thingies. One is behind a fence and the other behind the wall. I figured I could use walk through walls cheat just this once so I can get the basturds but it didn't work.

I can play this game but no cheats work at all. For example I can't bring up DSTWO's ingame menu either. I also have to run it on clean mode.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is how do I use cheats or even get onto the ingame menu.

Thanks in advanced.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The reason you can't bring up the in game menu or activate any cheats is because you're running the game in clean mode (though it should work in patch mode, I tried it myself).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
I'm really starting to enjoy this game but its getting irritating. I'm not a massive cheater but I need to activate a few and I can't on DSTWO. I find it wierd since its the best flashcart out.

I'm trying to activate a cheat for one part. I'm at King Wo's palace and I see a Venus and Mars thingies. One is behind a fence and the other behind the wall. I figured I could use walk through walls cheat just this once so I can get the basturds but it didn't work.

I can play this game but no cheats work at all. For example I can't bring up DSTWO's ingame menu either. I also have to run it on clean mode.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is how do I use cheats or even get onto the ingame menu.

Thanks in advanced.

Were you running the game in Clean Mode when you tried bringing up the In-Game Menu?

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games don't let you bring up the Real-time menu because some of the buttons are locked at certain points. That's why there are 2 different hotkeys you can assign when this happens, one is simple hotkey and the other full hotkey. All you need to do is go into your settings and assign different combination for each and then test out the full hotkey in-game.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciated thanks.
smile.gif

All this time I didn't know DSTWO's full strength

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any fix for this i keep getting a white screen both patched and clean mode.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
is there any fix for this i keep getting a white screen both patched and clean mode.

There's a "patch" for this game known as "system3.dat." You can grab a copy of it HERE. It should work. After all, I've already added this and Golden Sun's been working fine for me ever since.

EDIT: Just copy the system3.dat into the "_dstwo" folder and you're good to go.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
DJPlace said:

There's a "patch" for this game known as "system3.dat." You can grab a copy of it HERE. It should work. After all, I've already added this and Golden Sun's been working fine for me ever since.

ok it only works for japan version? i need it for nstc version.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
DJPlace said:
I am r4ymond said:
DJPlace said:

I had the same problem, just updated the OS to it's latest version.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
I am r4ymond said:
DJPlace said:

Oops...sorry 'bout that. Didn't read the title quite clearly.

I'm not sure how I got it to work. All I did was download the ROM and I was able to start playing it. Though, I could've sworn there was a DSTWO patch for Golden Sun (U) or maybe I was dreaming.

yoyoloto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does your patch only work for DSTWO ? or can it also be used in R4 ? (by placing that file you told us in the system folder )

I have the same white screen problem as DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yoyoloto said:
Does your patch only work for DSTWO ? or can it also be used in R4 ? (by placing that file you told us in the system folder )

I have the same white screen problem as DJ

The patch only works for the Supercard DSTWO...This is the Supercard section. If this patch works for other flash carts in general, then surely it would be posted in the ROM Hacking or Nintendo DS Discussion sections.

Isn't there a latest version of Wood FW (v1.19 as I can recall) out there? Shouldn't that have bypassed the AP on Golden Sun by now?

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Sorry to burst your collective bubbles, old beans, but your system3.dat patch verily doth not work when applied in the manner specified by yourself and the SuperCard team! Many condolences on a failed attempt to bestow full functionality on a top-tier video game!

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For those who are saying that the patch does not work.
Did you delete the .dtc file as it was stated:
QUOTE said:
Fixed Patch Mode bug of Golden Sun DS(J)

Overwrite it into /_dstwo folder.
Please delete the .dtc file is you modified it before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1