Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Breith said:
haddad said:
so by perfectly, meaning with lag? And there is static in music/sound? And its didn't playing smoothly?
More something like that. But when I try the music/sound weren't static.

lol, so it's not playing perfectly >_< i knew it

Vaari

Trophies
XP
Country
haddad said:
Breith said:
haddad said:
so by perfectly, meaning with lag? And there is static in music/sound? And its didn't playing smoothly?
More something like that. But when I try the music/sound weren't static.

lol, so it's not playing perfectly >_< i knew it
It wouldn't kill you people to experiment...

Anyway, for the sound to work correctly the following needs to be done in sound settings.

Synchronization Mode: Synchronous
Synchronizer Method: Synch Method "N"
Interpolation: Cosine
Advanced SPU Logic.

Also, in emulation settings, disable advanced bus-level timings.

And I think it goes without saying that you can't get good performance on an emulator with a garbage PC or notebook. However, I will note that the pre-release 0.9.7 version has considerably improved performance with less buggy graphics.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just got to the innards of the Craggy Peak Dungeon. What is really making me scratch my head is the fact that this one grip gear isn't turning in the Pot room. While I have successfully completed the Lion and Twins rooms. Anyone have some insight on what I have been doing wrong, or what I need to do now?

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
amiauron said:
ok i have 3 acekards2i one on a dsi and the other 2 on ds light.
they game is working fine on one dsi and one ds light but not on the other ds light
the sd card im using for the one that isnt working is a kingston 8gig.
is there anyway to fix it? i have 1.81 updated and enabled the anti piracy bypass to all of them and i just get a black screen with the kingston sd card

wtf why do you want to have it fixed if it works on the 2 others?!?! be lucky that it even works on the other 2
glare.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Okay, just got to the innards of the Craggy Peak Dungeon. What is really making me scratch my head is the fact that this one grip gear isn't turning in the Pot room. While I have successfully completed the Lion and Twins rooms. Anyone have some insight on what I have been doing wrong, or what I need to do now?
It's finicky. You have to try it while standing at different angles until it works.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Also, 35/72 of the djinn in the game (in addition to several summons) can be permanently missed. Use this guide so that doesn't happen:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/960545-golden-s...dawn/faqs/61205

For those unfortunate enough not to receive this warning in time, use the "Walk through walls" cheat from cheats.gbatemp.net to go back and get them.

That is all.

Thanks for the warning, IF and when i get this to work on my god damned R4 Ultra then ill be sure to use the guide

raybase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using R4 Upgrade Revolution and YSMenu.nds as a second firmware (correct me if im wrong).

And I can play the Golden Sun 3. I use the new Ysmenu and put it in my NDS and try to play the Golden Sun 3.

And surprisingly it work!
yaynds.gif

I got this link from here. I forgot the thread. But I got here at gbatemp.

Try this link: http://filetrip.net/f/22932-TTMenu%20v6.40.zip

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raybase said:
I'm using R4 Upgrade Revolution and YSMenu.nds as a second firmware (correct me if im wrong).

And I can play the Golden Sun 3. I use the new Ysmenu and put it in my NDS and try to play the Golden Sun 3.

And surprisingly it work!
yaynds.gif

I got this link from here. I forgot the thread. But I got here at gbatemp.

Try this link: http://filetrip.net/f/22932-TTMenu%20v6.40.zip

Does Not Work with R4 Ultra

Scyris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it to work on my Acekard however.. When I loot items like off the main chars house its some blank coin item, and if u look at them in inventory u get thrown into a fight the second you leave the inventory that you can't win.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Breith said:
haddad said:
Anyone know how to get this working on pc emulator?
It's work perfectly with the last version of DeSmuME.

so by perfectly, meaning no lag? And there is no static in music/sound? And its playing smoothly?

It plays at full speed on my computer, and the sound is fine if I hit the "shut up" button. My computer's quite fast though (4GHz quad core, 6GB ram, 5870). It runs at about 1/2 speed on my laptop (2.4GHz dual core, 4GB ram).

I just bought the game this morning though, so I'll just be playing on my DS

TorNis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Credit to RetroGameFan's release:

QUOTE said:
Thanks for release.
Now I tried with R4i-SDHC.
Copied TTMenu.dat.sys.nds files in the root along with full TTMenu folder, while my original kernel left untouched.
W00t. Now I have 2 kernels in 1.
And most importantly, Golden Sun works!!!

The only thing I am worried now is save, which TTMenu creates, will it be compatible with R4i-SDHC kernel once they patch the game?

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Also, 35/72 of the djinn in the game (in addition to several summons) can be permanently missed. Use this guide so that doesn't happen:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/960545-golden-s...dawn/faqs/61205

For those unfortunate enough not to receive this warning in time, use the "Walk through walls" cheat from cheats.gbatemp.net to go back and get them.

That is all.
Thank you so much for that. Good thing I hadn't missed any of them (up to Djinn 13, Jupiter #4: Breath
biggrin.gif
).

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to note that putting the save from Desmume onto the retail cart works fine - glad I don't have to redo that whole tutorial!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F