Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But I'm really learning a lot from it. Next time somebody asks me for directions, instead of just telling them I'll try giving a two hour speech about my feelings regarding them and their destination, and ask them a bunch of irrelevant questions. I'll talk about my family for awhile and other things they never wanted to know, before telling them it's two blocks down the street on the left.

If I ever happen upon an accident or somebody in distress--like a choking person in a restaurant or a car overturned on the highway--I will bravely initiate an open group discussion. We will talk about what somebody could potentially do to help; the weather; some sports; just whatever comes to mind. After we've finished our formalities and reaching consensus on which of the original Superman movies is greatest, we'll proceed to run a few dozen errands before taking any action actually relevant to the emergency.

And if I ever find myself writing a script for an RPG, I'll make sure to judge the merit of my story in terms of how many pages I can fill with words. What kind of words doesn't matter. The series of events between introduction to conclusion--I can make it up as I go along. Just so long as it fills up entire _volumes_ because sheer quantity is the key to creating a compelling mythos, And developmentally stunted fourteen year olds all over the internet will call my work 'epic'.

D

Deleted User

@Shadow Soldier...That's easy in the game so it's somewhat expected, but I do believe it gets worse.

@Edit, I feel like a dolt, got the summon tablet. Yay.

On the other hand, I checked out the Djinn guide, and I haven't missed any; just the one in Belinsk, other than that I'm good (summon tablets excluded) *Cough* Zagan, *Cough*.

Oh, what I meant by class deficiencies isn't exactly clear. What I meant was that Djinn-Control/Association. I may have 52 Djinn on my 3rd save, but because the amounts differ between characters (usually 7 or 8). That one Djinn can be a major difference in HP for Karis, because it knocks out her party-healing capabilities and instead replaces them with attack spells (And/or) Drastically lowers her HP. In my main party on my 3rd save all of my characters have over 500 hp, (it's the Trade-Give system in the Djinn menu) that mucks things up a bit. For example, not having pure mercury Djinn nerf's her HP down to like 270. And considering that I like using her as a healer it's problematic.

Story-Plot wise, I like most of the plot devices; note, Alchemy Forge/Well/Dynamo. But overall, the game seems kinda lame compared to GS/GSTLA. Script wise too, hope it gets better...

The Sun Saga books? I collected and read the first one, but I found it unnecessarily cute & rather...well, let's just say I wasn't in the mood to read text, lol.
I've collected #'s 1-5, I think. Honestly, not sure how much this covers, I'll check in my next class if I get time.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Karis died and I don't have money to heal her >_<

Do you guys collect the Sun Saga books? I have #2 and it was awesome little animated recap. I'm gonna backtrack to get the first one somewhere.

DarkPrinceKyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Batman55 said:

Do you guys collect the Sun Saga books? I have #2 and it was awesome little animated recap. I'm gonna backtrack to get the first one somewhere.

It's in the cabin at the start of the game

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkPrinceKyuu said:
Batman55 said:

It's in the cabin at the start of the game
i currently have 3 coz i'm still in the early stage of the game... can't play continuously because of work and socializing... how many of these books are there?

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good game not the best game imo , best rpg game this was dragon quest forgot which one the newest one that came out this year.
story line of this game is good but the cut scene take to dam long almost feel asleep

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone get this to work with No$Zoomer or DeSmuME?? Without any sound/video lag or static?

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vaari said:
It wouldn't kill you people to experiment...

Anyway, for the sound to work correctly the following needs to be done in sound settings.

Synchronization Mode: Synchronous
Synchronizer Method: Synch Method "N"
Interpolation: Cosine
Advanced SPU Logic.

Also, in emulation settings, disable advanced bus-level timings.

And I think it goes without saying that you can't get good performance on an emulator with a garbage PC or notebook. However, I will note that the pre-release 0.9.7 version has considerably improved performance with less buggy graphics.

... Try to search ? Just for see...

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Breith said:
Vaari said:
It wouldn't kill you people to experiment...

Anyway, for the sound to work correctly the following needs to be done in sound settings.

Synchronization Mode: Synchronous
Synchronizer Method: Synch Method "N"
Interpolation: Cosine
Advanced SPU Logic.

Also, in emulation settings, disable advanced bus-level timings.

And I think it goes without saying that you can't get good performance on an emulator with a garbage PC or notebook. However, I will note that the pre-release 0.9.7 version has considerably improved performance with less buggy graphics.

... Try to search ? Just for see...

Ok that fixed the sound, but how do I make it go normal speed? cuz the sound is choppy now sometimes, goes realllyyyy slow the music etc..

Its like the video+audio is going slow, so here is an example

My DS2 (no lag) sound: Da....Da....Da..Da....Da....Da..Da...DaDaDaDa...DaDaDaDa...Da...Da...Da
My emulator: D...a....Da...D...a...D..a....D..a....D..a....Da....D.a.D.a.D.a.D.a.....D....a..
D...a

(i hope that mini example helps lol)

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Breith said:
Try to play with settings.
Emulation isn't a perfect thing...

I just noticed that as ur playing it, it wont be perfect. But if u record it using the built-in recorder, it comes out perfectly 0_o

Here is the opening I recorded

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
No$Zoomer
-Sound is static
Help please?
using EX0 , EX3 and EX5 works fine.
you could also use noise supression to fix the sound
with this tweaks the game is playable and enjoyable with no$zoomer

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NahuelDS said:
haddad said:
No$Zoomer
-Sound is static
Help please?
using EX0 , EX3 and EX5 works fine.
you could also use noise supression to fix the sound
with this tweaks the game is playable and enjoyable with no$zoomer

omg thank u!!! Its perfect now with no static!!!!! Its better then desmeme

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
okay, my sis is coming over she had "2 extra sandisc cards" one with 2gb and one with 8gb....

might work for my acekard, my 4gb sandisc didnt work though
frown.gif

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
WORKED!!!

and btw, my sis card that worked was a 8gb sandisc with 2 in speed.

so its not about "speed limit (I mean... read ) NICE

D

Deleted User

This thread has once again been infested by the Zerg... err, I mean newbies and/or those who don't give a damn so long as their game works. That said, my Sandisk 2GB microSD has always worked perfectly. For some reason or another, I seem to have bad luck when I try to purchase MicroSD's with more memory, in my experience they've had much higher failure rates...(** In my experience **).

As far as DSmuMe goes, this emulator has higher requirements than no$gba if I remember correctly, so if you're a cowardly nooblet afraid to mess with the settings & have a weak computer, then the game is going to run crappily. Also, please don't bitch and moan about the sound not working? The last 2-3 people (yes, you) should solve your own problems and use the SEARCH. Chances are Haddad, that your computer may just not measure up to the game's emulation requirements...

What are the minimum hardware requirements for DeSmuME ?

From a purely technical viewpoint, there are no real minimum requirements. However, for bearable speeds in most games (with a few exceptions), you would need at least the following:

* Windows OS: Windows XP or newer
* Linux OS: Any recent Linux distribution with a 2.6 kernel.
* 2 GHz Processor Core2 processor or equivalent
* 512 MB Available RAM
* Available Hard Drive Space: A few MB for the emulator
* Reasonably modern 3D Acceleration (Nvidia GeForce 6800 or better), ATI cards are not recommended.
* Optional: Sound Card, if you want sound support
* Optional: Microphone, if you wish to make use the Microphone feature
* Required: a brain

What are the recommended hardware requirements for DeSmuME?

The following configuration should assure that almost every game can be played at full speed:

* Windows OS: Windows XP or newer
* Linux OS: Any recent Linux distribution with a 2.6 kernel.
* 3 GHz Core2 Duo processor or better
* 512 MB Available RAM
* Available Hard Drive Space: A few MB for DeSmuME, 100MB or so for a bunch of savestates and savefiles.
* Sound Card.
* Microphone.

In general, the better a CPU, the better the performance. The faster the memory, the better. DeSmuME benefits a little but from multiple cores but not as much as it does individual cores being faster. DeSmuME is slower than no$gba, and is likely always to be.
Minimum/Recommended Requirements taken from DSmuMe's Wiki.

The Sun Saga books are all over the place, I can't really give an accurate answer to that question, because though I found some, I wasn't exactly trying to find them either. I believe if you miss them they have a chance of showing up in the shops (I believe I bought the 2nd one this way). Otherwise, check the IGN guide (though it's to the Japanese version, it should still mention several of the Sun Saga books. Though, I'm fairly certain that his guide missed #4/5 (one or the other). Edit: There are 5 total books on GS/GSTLA (Sun Saga).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.