Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

D

Deleted User

Not going to say anything, but if you really want to know
Apollo's Descent (Path to a Dungeon I presume, is pretty freaking cool, it uses a LOT of psyenergy in an actiony-ish sense (you're not really left out thinking, "what do I do?" You see an obstacle, know what psyenergy to use and go for it!) Such a cool dungeon so far...Love Apollo's Ascent... Oh my god this dungeon is like Indianna Jones Awesome XD

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh. Half the time people complain about excessive grinding, all that doing this and that, mindless combat, repetitive BS.

Now they're complaining that a game is "too easy" and also at the whole puzzle thing.

Anyway, playing this game in my signature slow style, enjoying every second of it. The semi-grind rocks, all the puzzling makes sure i don't fall asleep, and mixing and matching armor, weaponry, etc keeps my inventory in nearly full state constantly.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I must say that this is a nice game. The summons look awesome and the battles look nice too. Definitely gonna pick this game up at the store when it's out here.

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
well, any rpg no matter if its a JRPG or WRPG can have a crap system and yet be great. why? because of the story. I think Sakaguchi said it best when he said that all he was trying to do with "final fantasy" is telling a great story. everything else, music and graphic just make it easier to sympathize with the characters.

so far im still looking for a feather... 5 hours in. golden sun isnt bad, not at all.
the problem with the combat is that I never feel like im using a good tactic.
im just spamming an aoe attack and enemies drop in first or 2nd turn.
now, sure, thats 5 hours in... but all I do is spam AOE attacks that wipe out enmies and just doing puzzles... its not epic. it feels like a game with kids just going on a treasure hunt.

D

Deleted User

26 Hour Game for me. I won't spoil anything else, but I'm in agreement with the 7.5/8.0 score given by most reputed gaming websites/magazines.
Dark Dawn felt more fantastical to me than The Lost Age, which felt, well, more "worldly". I guess it may have something to do with the period of time
that's Pre-Golden Sun/Alchemy. The Lost Age will always be my favorite, this game comes second to it in my opinion...

From a Stargate/Alchemy/Anthro-Archeology-ish wondrous/mysticism perspective there are definitely events & dungeons that will wow you guys, but you probably won't feel
that they leave all that much of an impression because of how frequently these plot devices are used. In Golden Sun and The Lost Age, I feel that it was
the scarcity of wondrous inventions/artifacts that made the game so enthralling and endearing to me. I guess, I liked the lost age better because it seemed more "realistic" whereas
Dark Dawn feels seems somewhat more cartoony. Overall, I liked the game, and I'm curious what you guys will think about it.

Going to take a break from it then delve back into it to search for the last 2 Djinn, summon tablets & secrets. Have fun you guys.

wibby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW R4i SDHC Firmware!
http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

Golden sun working confirmed!!!!
smile.gif

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami357 said:
Meh. Half the time people complain about excessive grinding, all that doing this and that, mindless combat, repetitive BS.

Now they're complaining that a game is "too easy" and also at the whole puzzle thing.

The people never know what they want
glare.gif

For me is a really nice game for start (4 hours or so). Something that i hate is pick a random battle in middle of some puzzle, and that happened a lot to me with the first two game. They talk and talk and talk, but i was ready for that, i don't feel like they're talking more than in the previously game. The tutorial, well it's has been a long time since i played GS and GS:TLA, so i'm thankful for that -yes use a Djinn it's not that hard, but i forgot a few things-. The music still being awsome, is Sakuraba after all.

I can't say is a good / bad game yet, but i don't see any problem though.

D

Deleted User

If you guys are dying you clearly aren't playing the game right. Most of the time, in these sorts of games it's better to eliminate an enemy one by one than focusing on the group. The reason for this is that many of the lower level psynergies that multi-target don't do good damage. I find the revival notion completely laughable, most of this game my cash has been above 20,000 gold.

I set up my Matthew to be extremely agile (most always gets the first turn). Tyrell is my "tank" so to say, he's my weapons & armor expert...Similar to the other fire adept, but more developed. Karis (Jupiter/Wind) & Rief (Mercury/Water) are the healers. & so on, the other adepts really just fill in extra spots. (in having a second party). Newbies should NOT mix & match djinn for class experimentation. It's just going to (most likely leave you without a dedicated healer).

I'll upload a copy of my save before I retire... Anyway, just finished one of the optional boss fights (Finished collecting all 72 Djinn). Lots, and lots of enemies, and their, friends, brothers and fathers, that's all I'm going to say 'bout em, lol. Was considerably harder than I thought, ended up reviving party members several times (level 46). Boss had maybe 10-15,000 hp not counting his friends.

as promised, a fully-functional End-Game file with plenty of bells and whistles. You can use this to experiment with class/djinn arrangment if you wish.

(1st Save) = Alchemy Forge (Liked the scene, so I saved at level 18 prior to activation).
(2nd Save) = First Playthrough / Storyline
(3rd Save) = Completion Playthrough (Current). Discover secrets etc
tongue.gif

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?30sv1lfdddr54m4

ZeroMarch

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Help please !! For U****gear

for some reason my morgal map does not show all the umbra gear location. it only show 3 of them.So can anyone tell me where i can get the rest?

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
pocchama1996 said:
I love the game so far, but the prices for reviving characters are ridiculous!
How are you consistently getting them killed anyway? Don't you have any reviving Djinn?

D

Deleted User

ZeroMarch said:
Help please !! For U****gear

for some reason my morgal map does not show all the umbra gear location. it only show 3 of them.So can anyone tell me where i can get the rest?

I know for a fact that you get one piece from the King in the chinese civilization (it's one of 3 treasures) They're secret treasures because the King opens up a secret passageway to them after you return the Young-Baka-idiot and his sister that you rescue, then you have to go talk to the princess in the nexus. Then, after that you go back to the King's study and he'll thank you and open up the secret passageway to the treasures. In the process, I believe you get the red orb, which is used in some other ruins (name escapes me, I just woke up). along with the blue orb (red/blue corresponding tablets) well, they fall into the eye sockets of this idol, and I *Think* this is when you get the yellow orb. Either way, you get some Umbra gear from one of the chests.

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help with Djinn and class customization of the characters. What's a good Psynergy to get for which character?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Panic101 said:
Can anyone help with Djinn and class customization of the characters. What's a good Psynergy to get for which character?

A simple and effective method is to give Matt all your Mars Djinn, Tyrrell all your Venus Djinn, Karis all your Mercury Djinn and Rief all your Jupiter Djinn. You'll gain very powerful dual-elemental classes this way, giving Karis and Rief the Wish series (party-wide healing), Impact series (boosts Attack) and up to a crazy 1.9x PP multiplier while Matt and Tyrrell gain the Planet Diver series (single target attack that impressive bonus damage), Spire and Nova series (powerful wide-effect offensive Psynergy) and up to an insane 1.7x Attack multiplier.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
Panic101 said:

A simple and effective method is to give Matt all your Mars Djinn, Tyrrell all your Venus Djinn, Karis all your Mercury Djinn and Rief all your Jupiter Djinn. You'll gain very powerful dual-elemental classes this way, giving Karis and Rief the Wish series (party-wide healing), Impact series (boosts Attack) and up to a crazy 1.9x PP multiplier while Matt and Tyrrell gain the Planet Diver series (single target attack that impressive bonus damage), Spire and Nova series (powerful wide-effect offensive Psynergy) and up to an insane 1.7x Attack multiplier.
haven't tried this yet but tnx for the info!
biggrin.gif

Linh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what the hell....there is something wrong with golden sun for me.

First of all, for the first time it has worked perfectly on my SuperCard DS ONE SDHC. Recently, when i start playing the game...totally black screen, tried to fix it but useless. So i decided to redownload another version of the golden sun and changed the sav and its working now. But now to my current problem: I do not face any monsters now, not even on the world map. When i managed to save the game, this shitty thing dim dragon (the wood thing which looks like a barricade) appears on the screen wtf...so every time after saving my game this shit appears.

Im currently lv 23 with all characters, play time 12:31 hours and im in the area where the beastmens are (belinsk, border town etc) if that should help.

What the hell went wrong.. XD

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
rikardo03 said:
biggrin.gif

Due to the symbiotic relationships (Venus Mars, Mercury Jupiter), you can sacrifice uniqueness for better Psynergy and stats just by giving the characters as many Djinni of the other element as possible. For characters like Karis, whose own party-wide healing Psynergy is pretty bad, giving them that new class is the difference between having an okay party member and a beastly one.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
rikardo03 said:
biggrin.gif

Due to the symbiotic relationships (Venus Mars, Mercury Jupiter), you can sacrifice uniqueness for better Psynergy and stats just by giving the characters as many Djinni of the other element as possible. For characters like Karis, whose own party-wide healing Psynergy is pretty bad, giving them that new class is the difference between having an okay party member and a beastly one.
i already tried swapping all of there Djinni and now i got a much better party! tnx!
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.