Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

TorNis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real printed Map is available only in (E) and (J) releases.
Since (E) costs almost 2 times more then (U) one, because of $ =/= Euro, they decided to award (E).
Or they just ran out of paper or funds
tongue.gif

You can find scans anyway.

D

Deleted User

So, I have about 30-35 Djinn on me now. Just escaped the Luna Tower/Belinsk scenario. I'm a bit worried about whether or not I have all the djinn up to this point, I know I've missed the Zagan Summon Tablet, for example. One of the biggest supposed problems is that you can't backtrack and regress like you could in the original Golden Sun or Golden Sun The Lost Age to pick up missed Djinn. Also, I have a pirate ship now. Pretty much stuck for now, but I guess I'll just wait for some comprehensive US Walkthroughs to get put up (or see if gamestop has the guide). Oh, I picked up the level 5 Eclipse Summon just recently too. Level's are ranging from 28-32/33.

Spoilers aside though, this game has a FREAKING TON of puzzles. It isn't unusual to have to solve several in a row, really grates on your nerves a bit to be honest. So far I'm pretty pleased with the game, I'll probably back up my saves this evening so I can catalog them (for purposes of finding Djinn) and so on. One of the things I've heard is that you can't regress and collect djinn you've missed. Using the map/atlus seems somewhat problematic... in the sense that you can't really accurately see where your location is relative to the town/location that you've selected. Haven't had any difficulty in battles at all, in a sense, that's really disappointing ~ praying that the game will have a hard-mode, because combat feels really watered down and I've gone through 2 serious boss battles now. Hopefully the optional bosses will present more of a challenge (I've only had one character downed in 20 hours of gameplay).

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
The text is a bit much, but then it is in the 1st two also.
A bit more this time, since they seem to be catering quite generously to the newer players, and having all the tut's optional would have been good.

No regressing O.o now that's disturbing if it's true.

D

Deleted User

I'm 1/4th through the first game, do you guys recommend I beat the first and 2nd or just jump straight into this one?

micky93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDGE has released the 2.0 update! I still get the black screens on start-up though. Perhaps it wasn't included in the compatability fixes... Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for an AP patch or the 2.1 update..

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

micky93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Invierno, I'm actually working on that at the moment, but I'm on capped internet, so the download is travelling at the blistering pace of 8kb/s. It's going to be a fun day.

amiauron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have 3 acekards2i one on a dsi and the other 2 on ds light.
they game is working fine on one dsi and one ds light but not on the other ds light
the sd card im using for the one that isnt working is a kingston 8gig.
is there anyway to fix it? i have 1.81 updated and enabled the anti piracy bypass to all of them and i just get a black screen with the kingston sd card

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does this lack the same atmosphere as the first two games? Also, every cutscene so far has seemed needlessly long. Other than that, it seems like this should be a good game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky