Homebrew RELEASE GoldBricks NSP/NSZ Title Installer

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Again, I was exaggerating there. I have really considered (and still am considering) to add anti SX-OS or ReiNX code to my projects, but I'm still sceptical I would end up doing so.
Bricking people is just too excessive. In the end, most end users aren't aware of bad dev practices... am I right, blawar?
By all means, add your drm. There'll be a fork that removes it in no time.

You're only adding to the mess, you just don't see it.

Reactions: iriez

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@eXhumer1 He did't say that, that was said by another user. He proposed to eliminate SX OS or make the app crash if the app detect the SX service. And also that warning it's only added to scare because unlike blawar Xortroll applications are opensource so anyone could see the malicious code as soon as it was added.

there is no guarantee that the binary he posts matches the source code provided, this is why trust is so important here and why you should not even joke about bricking users out of anger.

My intention is not to scare users, i do not believe that xortroll has any active plans to brick users. what concerned me is that the first thought that popped into his head when he became upset was to brick users.

I believe the satire parts are obvious on the github. Satire is my preferred form of criticism.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
@eXhumer1 I'm not defending devs, I'm simply against these stupid wars that are making the Switch scene the worst I remember.
The problem is that the dude who's causing all of them isn't willing to stop. Do I look like I'm enjoying all this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By all means, add your drm. There'll be a fork that removes it in no time.

You're only adding to the mess, you just don't see it.
Maybe that's the only reason which makes me rethink it, since by the rest I would have done it months ago

Reactions: Nimelo

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
The problem is that the dude who's causing all of them isn't willing to stop. Do I look like I'm enjoying all this?

This war is stupid, I don't belive his words since he softbrick the users with AtlasNX (removing the CFW files of SD card) because the pack aren't compatible with his Tinfoil, so if you said this on discord ok, but for now only he are the unic developer that do it.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This war is stupid, I don't belive his words since he softbrick the users with AtlasNX (removing the CFW files of SD card) because the pack aren't compatible with his Tinfoil, so if you said this on discord ok, but for now only he are the unic developer that do it.

I didn’t soft brick anyone. I gave users the option to uninstall kosmos, an uninstaller is not not a soft brick. I would never delete a users files without their explicit permission.

you may disagree with it politically giving the user the option, but that is not a bricker.

Reactions: andyhappypants

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we arguing about a joke made in a private conversation about something purely hypothetical? I'd prefer to wait until something untoward has been done before getting upset. Either way, I approve of the fork. Seems like a proper use of open source software. I do wish you two wouldn't antagonize each other like this, but that seems unlikely to change at this point. Despite the usefulness of the fork, it seems like it was mostly created in bad faith with helping out us users as an afterthought. Just another example as to why the Switch scene is one of the worst we've ever seen.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,
Reactions: bodefuceta

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I didn’t soft brick anyone. I gave users the option to uninstall kosmos, an uninstaller is not not a soft brick. I would never delete a users files without their explicit permission.

you may disagree with it politically giving the user the option, but that is not a bricker.

Seeying the number of unexperienced users that push the button and remove accidentally their CFW I consider it a bricker, just do a simple search on forums, you fuck a lot of people without sense with this move.

Last edited by Chocola,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus fucking grow up already

:two: Scene blacklist: TX/SX OS, classic and new Tinfoil, blawar, hbg, Incognito, DZ, ReiNX, DeltaLaunch - discussion about these is allowed (but will be cut if too heated), but any support given related to them will be warnable.

- You might make use of stuff in the scene blacklist (nobody will ban you because of that), but if so, refrain from suggesting it to others or asking or giving help to it, since that would be warnable behaviour.

So much for growing up :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Dohkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeying the number of unexperienced users that push the button and remove accidentally their CFW I consider it a bricker, just do a simple search on forums, you fuck a lot of people without sense with this move.
I'm sorry, what?
You're blaming people's inability to read what something does before they do it, on the dev?

Do most people just go about doing things to their consoles without looking up what it does?
Because to me.. That's surely an issue on the user and not on the dev.

Last edited by Dohkey,
Reactions: Warlord698

Cory321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XorTroll stop trying to flip things around, you're the one who caused all of this because you refused to add the .NSZ format to your title installer in the first place. And even after that, @blawar offered to make a pull request so that you don't have to do it yourself. You also refused that offer.

More and more users are beginning to use .nsz for it's obvious benefits. It's basically becoming a standard.

So, instead of collaborating with another developer to make your title installer better, you decided to go the childish route and called .NSZ format a means of piracy, which is stupid, since .NSPs would be considered piracy too since they require tickets.

Don't try to play the victim here XorTroll... We all know you're the one who's being cynical trying to pretend you don't support piracy with your app... It's main focus are NSPs and tickets.

Let's take out NSP / ticket features out of Goldleaf, what would we have left? That's right, a f***ing File Explorer.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:two: Scene blacklist: TX/SX OS, classic and new Tinfoil, blawar, hbg, Incognito, DZ, ReiNX, DeltaLaunch - discussion about these is allowed (but will be cut if too heated), but any support given related to them will be warnable.

- You might make use of stuff in the scene blacklist (nobody will ban you because of that), but if so, refrain from suggesting it to others or asking or giving help to it, since that would be warnable behaviour.

So much for growing up :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

So do you have to be insane or simply stupid to read this into what I wrote?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol